Medical Assistant - Medical Group - Thompson Peak
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group-TPK
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 20745 N Scottsdale Rd
- Work Hours
- 7am-6pm Varies
HonorHealth is looking for a Medical Assistant for our Thompson Peak Primary Care location at N. Scottsdale Road & E. Grayhawk Drive. This clinic is made up of 27 staff members, not including providers, with the possibility of assisting Registration Schedulers if/when needed. The ideal candidate would be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be a team player and a quick learner with great communication skills. The patient demographics at this clinic ranges from 5 and up and the hours for the role is a varied day shift from 7am to 6p.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) BLS Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
The Medical Assistant provides general front and back office support to professional staff. Escorts patients to exam rooms. Maintains clean, neat and well-stocked exam rooms. Must have knowledge of medical front and back office procedures. Provides quality phone service by scheduling patients or referring caller to appropriate party. Answers phone messages from patients promptly. Maintains patient information that is accurate and charts/paperwork are filed correctly. Maintains medical records.
Under the direction of a Provider, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of duties in connection with the examination and treatment of patients. May be assigned to a specialist. The MA takes a pro-active approach utilizing available resources to best serve the patient population. Performs a variety of clerical support duties including receptionist, telephone, scheduling, message management and data input. Utilizes knowledge and skill to provide appropriate care in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and protocols and Arizona validated competencies. The MA works in a team model to improve the patient's experience, create better communication and access to care, and support processes that will improve patient satisfaction.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Escorts the patient to the examining room, obtains a brief history, documents chief complaint takes vital signs to include weight and temperature. Preps the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures.
- May travel to off site locations to perform diagnostic testing and assist in physical exam components, TB testing, Injections, phlebotomy and others.
- May administer and record injections and TB testing under the supervision and order of the physician.
- Performs venipuncture and obtains specimens, performs CLIA waived lab tests. Performs office procedures including, but not limited to, PFT, UDS, EBT, EKG, fit testing, within the scope of practice as directed by provider.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others; documents and relays information to provider for action. Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms and scheduling.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals. Provides appropriate referrals to case management for employees.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.