Medical Lab Tech at Deer Valley Full Time Days Up to 10k Transition Incentive
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- LAB Core
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- M-F 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM; Rotating Weekends and Holidays
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training (refer to 42CFR93.1489(b) for details on required courses and training;
Individuals performing high complexity testing on or before April 24, 1995, with a high school diploma or equivalent with documented training may continue to perform testing only on those tests for which training was documented prior to September 1, 1997, (refer to CLIA regulation 42CFR493,1489(b) for details on required training. Required
Responsible to perform complex laboratory tests on blood, body fluids, cells, and tissues. Identify bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms, analyze chemical content of fluids, and cross match blood for transfusion and aseptically prepare blood products. The results of these tests are used in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- •Prepares and performs a variety of laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory to obtain laboratory results and data used for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
•Ensures that all testing is performed accurately and resulted as ordered within turn-around-time expectations. Completes all required documentation, and follows up on all unusual and critical results as required by policy and procedure.
•Obtains/receives and prepares specimens for analysis. Understands specimen factors that can affect the accuracy of laboratory testing and insures the integrity of the specimen through the testing process.
- Understands the theory behind laboratory methods and operates various pieces of laboratory instrumentation used to obtain test results. Performs instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control, and test procedures, troubleshooting and refers questionable or unusual cases to the technical supervisor, lab supervisor, director or pathologist.
- Maintains continuing education and competency requirements as defined by laboratory policy and certification agency requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all hospital, regulatory, safety, and accrediting agency requirements
- Proficient in hospital, laboratory and office computer systems
- As needed:
•Assist, train and orient new staff and students in their respective lab disciplines.
•Assist in regulatory preparation.
•Maintains supply and reagent levels, and practices cost containment
- Timely review of all laboratory / hospital system policies, procedures, and communications.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested, including phlebotomy.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.