Medical Office Assistant - Medical Group - Del Lago - Peoria
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group-Del Lago
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10230 W HAPPY VALLEY PKWY
- Work Hours
- M-F 8am-5pm
Position is located at:
HonorHealth Primary Care – Del Lago
10230 W HAPPY VALLEY PKWY, #100
PEORIA, Arizona 85383
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED or graduate from accredited Medical Assistant training program or meets BOMEX training guidelines. Required
1 year experience in a medical office setting Required
Licenses and Certifications
Completion of an approved MA training program Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Required
Supports various aspects of the practice, including charge entry, and collection of co-payments at time of service. Assists the physician in maintaining efficient patient flow within the office.
Under the direction of a Physician/Physician Assistant, performs a variety of clerical and patient support duties including scheduling, receptionist, telephone, data input, and exam room and medical chart preparation.
Works with managed care plans to obtain prior authorization to insure that services of physician and hospital are reimbursed by the plans.
This position reports to the Manager for office duties and to the physicians for clinical and patient care responsibilities.
Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide appropriate care needed in accordance with policies, procedures and protocols and Arizona validated competencies.
Performs in a manner consistent with the HonorHealth statement by identifying and meeting the needs of all customers by demonstrating integrity, respect, caring, accountability and excellence.
- Schedules patients and provides all necessary information to prepare them for medical appointments and procedures. Provides scheduling services for patients with regard to lab work, x-rays and referrals to other physicians. Verifies authorizations, and accepts or transmits fax information for needed physician patient information. Collects co-payments at time of service, enters daily charges into billing system, and responds to requests for information from billing services and Revenue Cycle Coordinator to ensure optimal collections from services rendered. Initiates confirmation calls to patients to ensure the lowest possible no show rate. Organizes and documents scheduling, registration and payment policies.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patients. Prepares patient charts and reviews for completeness. Escorts patient to examining room, obtain history, document chief complaint in record or EMR, take patient’s vital signs (weight, pulse, temperature, blood pressure). Preps patient for exam and assists provider with exams and special procedures. Clean and restock exam rooms. Maintain supplies in coordination with office coordinator. Ensures that recalls for labs, office visits and procedures are accounted for.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others; documents and relays information to provider for action. Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, greeting patients, verification of information needed for billing and medical charting, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms, and scheduling.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.