Medical Staff Coordinator
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Cred/Med Staff Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
- Work Hours
- 8am-4:30pm M-F
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree or 2 years' work related experience Required
One (1) year Medical Staff or Administrative Support position Required
The Medical Staff Coordinator provides highly knowledgeable and skilled administrative support to Medical Staff departments; committees and physicians by acting as a liaison between medical staff members; high level administrative and other hospital personnel and ensuring chairmen of various committees act upon all medical staff issues appropriately. The incumbents manage their own duties and function independently, maintaining a high quality for detail and timeliness. They must, at all times, maintain the integrity of highly confidential information that is protected from discovery by State statutes ARS '32-445-0 and '36-445-01. The MSC position requires critical thinking skills and the constant exercise of a high degree of independent judgment in response to complex sensitive issues, decision-making, discretion, strong composition and interpersonal communication skills. May supervise medical staff volunteer. The MSC will be required to conduct oneself professionally both in written and verbal communication. Incumbents will retain an in depth knowledge of various office software programs to complete the assigned duties. The MSC will be able accomplish assignments in an accurate and timely manner to ensure efficient operations of the Medical Staff administrative function.
- Coordinates all activities of assigned Medical Staff departments/committees. Researches and prepares information for various Chairmen and follows through on Medical Staff issues and actions.
•Prepares agendas at least one week prior to meeting.
•Accurately document minutes within 72 hours following meeting.
•Meeting follow-up initiated within one week following meeting.
•Protects confidential information for peer review by the authorized hospital and medical staff personnel.
Provides assistance with the audio visual equipment for medical staff meetings or other meetings. Sets up equipment when requested and troubleshoots when there are problems.
- Maintains knowledge of and provides consultation to Medical Staff regarding credentialing, privileging, parliamentary procedure and disciplinary processes as well as peer review processes according to medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, hospital and medical staff policies, accrediting bodies, CMS, state and other regulatory agencies. Maintains confidentiality with respect to all peer review and sensitive issues; uses judgment and discretion to maintain peer review protection for the hospital and medical staff.
- Coordinates, administers and maintains quality control on all aspects of physician and allied health credentialing and reappointment process with appropriate time frames ensuring the quality of practitioners providing care. Coordinates with department chairs regarding applicant document verifications and follows up on committee actions for application files. Requests additional information/clarification from external medical sources if necessary.
- Understands and maintains in a timely manner an accurate, secure and updated computerized database of physician and allied health information to query on demographic profiles including but not limited to staff privileges and category status for other hospital departments and facilities requiring this information. Generates appropriate forms and reports available from the medical staff database. This includes monitoring the status of staff members in the Provisional and Leave of Absence categories and assures appropriate and timely review by the department chairmen at the conclusion of period specified in the appropriate bylaws.
- Assures the completeness and accuracy of the credentialing process. Coordinates the initial credentialing and privileging delineation activities and re-credentialing/re-privileging of the medical/allied health staff in accordance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Credentials Manual, and Policies of the Medical Staff and the appropriate medical staff departmental rules and regulations to assure that only qualified practitioners are appointed to provide care in the Hospital. Processes requests for and monitors duration of temporary privileges in accordance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff. Obtains appropriate approvals and distributes notices of temporary privileges granted.
- When applicable processes variance reports in a timely manner according to policy. Coordinates database entry and management of information with Quality Department regarding physician responses and chairmen disposition letters. When applicable coordinates and manages the Professional Performance Reviews (PPR’s) and the Professional Review Committee (PRC) investigation process , document findings and provides information regarding Chief Medical Officer and Department Chair recommendations to the Chief of Staff and ultimately if necessary the PRC or other appropriate personnel. Notifies the practitioner involved as required in the appropriate policy and as deemed necessary.
- Coordinates and completes special projects in a timely manner. Appropriately prioritizes all tasks so that deadlines are met with continued focus on quality. Keeps staff apprised of any critical or major situations.
- Drafts and assists in writing and reviewing policies and procedures and department rules and regulations. Ensures these do not conflict with medical staff by-laws and hospital policies and procedures/protocols.
- Manages, coordinates and maintains accurate on-call schedules for Emergency Department coverage. Creates on-call schedules across all campuses per contractual obligations and department rules and regulations. Verifies criteria for eligibility for Emergency Department call schedules including verification of patient volume, case review and meeting attendance in accordance with the medical staff department rules and regulations.. Coordinates interface between department chairmen to ensure compliance with COBRA/EMTALA regulations and to assign physicians in a fair and equitable manner on the call schedules.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.