MGR-COLLECTIONS -FT NSSC
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Patient Financial Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree or 2 years' related experience Required
4 years 4 years of Collections or Billing experience.
Accounting, Finance, Hospital financial, or physician’s office financial fields is required. Required
Licenses and Certifications
The Manager-Collections position works under direction of the Director, plans, organizes and manages the daily operations of the assigned collections team. Responsible for understanding and adjudication of managed care agreements. Responsible for recruiting, teaching and maintaining adequate staffing levels to effectively collect, reconcile and refund accounts in a timely manner. Develops and monitors employee productivity and quality of work.
- Manages the personnel assigned to the section. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments as needed. Monitors employee productivity as well as the quality of their work. Monitors and approves overtime as necessary. Assists staff with issues related to training, personnel matters (i.e. payroll, discipline, vacation and time off requests) and information system issues. Interviews and hires staffs as necessary. Conducts weekly training meeting with the staff to ensure employee growth. Serves as a resource for Patient Financial Services within departments and personnel.
- Monitors collector work files for account activity, aging and employee productivity as well as quality of work. Maintains level of knowledge for HIPAA, hospital policy and reimbursement criteria. Attends departmental meetings in order to enhance communications within departments. Participates in process improvement.
- Assists Information Services Department with enhancing computer systems electronic billings and collections, control procedures and efficiency of intra-company communications. Reviews and resolves the more difficult customer service complaints. Maintains continuous quality improvement. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.