Network Blood Bank and Infection Disease Manager
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- LAB Core
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological science required.
5 years Blood Bank or Microbiology Required
3 years Supervisory position Required
Licenses and Certifications
MT/CLS/MLS certification Required
Responsible for general operation of Blood Bank or Infectious Disease at all HonorHealth hospital locations. Supports service, quality and financial metrics and initiatives as identified by the network or laboratory. Works with medical director(s), physicians, CEO's, laboratory leadership to provide recommendations related to technical performance, quality and financials. Manages the department and coordinates activities with other areas of the organization and with internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and assists in the development, implementation, monitoring and performance of Blood Bank or Infectious Disease (including Microbiology, Serology and Molecular Biology) procedures.
• Promotes the standardization of testing throughout HonorHealth.
• Works to form an effective team and meet hospital and organizational goals.
• Develops and supports network-wide, Blood Bank and Infectious disease workgroups.
• Coordinates LIS activities, computer validations and interfaces.
• Responsible for instrument and new test validations and proficiency testing.
• Assesses department resources and needs.
- Develops and oversees orientation and training programs for new Blood Bank or Infectious Disease staff.
• Works with lab directors to schedule staff at each hospital.
• works with human resources and lab directors on employee relations issues,
• Communicates expectations to staff and evaluates staff performance.
- Provides teaching, training and 6 month and annual competency for Blood Bank and Infectious Disease staff.
• Helps resolve Laboratory Services problems by interacting with nursing, physicians, laboratory and other hospital staff.
• Updates and teaches students, nurses, clinical lab assistants and technologists regarding current standards and procedures.
• Trains, maintains competency and provides in-services for Blood Bank and Infectious disease testing throughout the organization and oversees/monitors proficiency testing.
• Acts as technical liaison for Blood Bank or Infectious Disease at hospital and network meetings.
- • Works with the department team to develop standard policies and procedures for the network.
• Assists in troubleshooting & documentation of testing issues.
• Assists lab leadership in budgeting process.
• Participates in quality assurance programs to ensure that quality standards are met. Lead, facilitate and participate in process improvement initiatives as necessary.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.