NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECH PRN NIGHTS JOHN C LINCOLN
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- RAD Nuclear Medicine
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED and completion of an ARRT or NMTCB accredited Radiography program or US military Radiography training program Required
6 months clinical Nuclear Medicine experience or successful completion of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Program Required
Licenses and Certifications
Radiology\ARRT - Radiology Tech License Radiology Tech License OR Required
Radiology\NMTCB - Nuclear Medicine Tech Nuclear Medicine Tech Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) healthcare provider course. Required
Under the direction of the Nuclear Medicine Supervisor or radiologist, this position performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks or procedures as assigned. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Staff member may be required to provide coverage at various locations in the network.
- Calibrates/administers/records isotopes dosage and examination data. Obtains patient history, performs nuclear medicine studies and observes patient during procedure to ensure patient's safety and comfort. Transport patient to exam room/table, prepares and maintains room. Obtains and evaluates images for technical quality assurance factors including image laterality marking and annotation as required by Nuclear Medicine procedure protocols. Utilizes RIS, PACS and other, ancillary image management systems as needed.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order. Performs and documents all required quality control testing. Contacts service for repair and maintenance as directed.
- Participates in orientation, training, and inservicing of staff as needed.
- Rotates throughout the department as staffing and volume dictate.
- Assists in coordination of daily workflow for the department’s activities.
- Maintains an orderly, clean, and safe environment for patients and staff in assigned area. Maintains stock and inventory as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.