Nurse Navigator - Amputation Prevention
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- CV Navigation Svcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree in Nursing Required
2 years nursing experience Required
1 year in an inpatient/outpatient clinical setting Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
Provides a seamless approach to case coordination by performing multiple responsibilities to ensure optimal patient care. Analyzes the medical record and collaborates with care physicians, patients, family members, and other healthcare team members including case management, to develop a realistic treatment plan. Provides guidance and appropriate resources to patients and families through the assessment of social, financial, and emotional needs. Works collaboratively with appropriate staff to coordinate consultations, referrals, initiation and continuation of home care services, and DME orders. Acts as a patient advocate through the continuum and is available to the physician, patient, and family as a resource to facilitate communication.
- Collaborates with patients, families, and caregivers, to ensure care is coordinated across the healthcare continuum by establishing a strong patient/family/caregiver relationship, providing resources based on assessment of needs, providing education, and facilitating coordination of all necessary follow-up care.
- In collaboration with physicians and service line leadership, develops standards of care, practice guidelines, and diagnosis-based protocols, and ensures patients receive quality care though use of these methods. Coordinates patient referrals to other physicians and specialists.
- Proactively identifies problems and recommends appropriate changes if necessary. Assures that in a timely manner, all tests are performed, results are reviewed by physician, and patient is notified of test results.
- Influences optimal patient quality outcomes, efficient use of resources within the network, and ultimately enhances the patient experience and promotes high patient satisfaction.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using all modalities while maintaining patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Documents appropriate information in the patient’s permanent medical record.
- Assessment, data, and order entry, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.