Nurse Navigator Shea Research Institute
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HHRI Oncolgy Clincl Trial
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10510 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours
- M-F 8-4:30
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required
2 years nursing Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure Required
Responsible for the coordination of care and education for individuals interested in oncology clinical trials from a local, national and international referral base. Coordinates consultations and referrals for individuals with either advanced cancer or rare tumors where no standard therapy is available. Provides patient/family needs assessment, education, and support utilizing resources efficiently and effectively. Collaborates with external agencies to provide community education on cancer related topics. Assists with the development and performance of specialty educational activities, program development, patient and system protocol development and outcomes research.
- Consults with individuals interested in oncology clinical trials from a local, national and international patient population to describe role of clinical trials in an individual’s treatment plan. Facilitates new patient referrals into the clinical trial program. Acts as a liaison to patients, physicians, support services and/or referring organizations to promote seamless patient care
- Utilizes advanced assessment skills for early problem identification and intervention. Facilitates referrals to Cancer Center clinical programs for personalized care and provides follow-up through personal contact.
- Reviews all referral medical records to ensure complete records for consultation and enters preliminary data in the electronic medical record. Pre-screens patients for initial consultation.
- Increases visibility of clinical trials program by attending hospital rounds, oncology unit staff meetings, and educating staff nurses on the role of clinical trials.
- Organizes and provides community education through Scottsdale Healthcare. Collaborates with the SHC Speakers Bureau to provide community education on cancer related topics. Assists with the development and marketing of public relations materials related to the cancer clinical trials.
- Supports internal physicians with patient related communications (i.e. email with consulting physicians and office staff).
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.