Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatry - PRN Osborn
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree Master’s degree (MS, MN or MSN) from a National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)-accredited institution. DNP preferred. Required
2 years 2 years clinical experience as PMHNP Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\NP - Nurse Practioner Valid Arizona Licensure With Prescriptive Authority Specialty board certification of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner from approved national certifying agency; American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Upon Hire Required
Clinical Other\DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration Upon Hire Required
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) is responsible for providing direct patient care including diagnostic, preventive, educational, and therapeutic mental health services.
This position provides professional expertise and participates in administration of a variety of therapeutic and training programs; also responsible for monitoring client services, ensuring services meet the needs of clients, and are being provided in accordance with best care practices, industry standards, legal requirements and federal law.
The position is associated with a significant level of autonomy; therefore, the individual must be highly motivated and able to work independently. As an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN), demonstrates leadership as a provider, educator, mentor and researcher. The PMHNP adheres to and functions within the scope of practice defined by the Arizona Board of Nursing and Scottsdale Healthcare privileges.
- 1. As a provider, the NP performs comprehensive health histories, perform or request special diagnostic and laboratory tests, interpret test results, perform appropriate physical assessments and develop comprehensive psychiatric treatment plans. Provide mental health assessments, diagnosis, and treatment plans in identified areas; lifesaving and support measures in emergency situations; provide medication management for patients; and maintain appropriate health records. Prescribe pharmaceutical therapy consistent with medical evaluation, treatment plan and current standards of practice. Refer clients for more specialized interventions as clinical situations dictate.
- 2. Provide clinical training/precepting and mentoring to APRN students (1- 2 students/semester, as available); provides leadership, education, and mentoring for clinical nursing staff in management of patients with psychiatric and mental health needs. Promote and lead evidence-based practice project and research.
- 3. Participate in an interprofessional team management approach to patient care/treatment; work with the psychiatric consultative service and medical staff and coordinates services that meet the goals and objectives of patient’s plan of care. Document care in compliance with the organization's policies; develop and follow through on identified treatment plans. Maintain quality care through participation in peer review, policy development, and quality improvement programs, and regular participation in the Nurse Practitioner Council and other Division of Nursing councils and activities.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.