Nurse Practitioner - Medical Group - Heart Group - Sonoran
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HH Heart Group - Sonoran
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 33423 N. 32nd Ave
- Work Hours
- M-F 8am-5pm
HonorHealth is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to work in the Cardiology department at our newest campus, Sonoran Crossing, conveniently located off the I-17 between Carefree Hwy & W. Dove Valley Road. This new location will have 5 employees that will work closely with the Medical Director and other provider physicians. The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible to provide services for some clinic-based patients with a greater amount of hospital rounding and inpatient follow up. We are searching for the best fit to have cardiology experience, however a new NP graduate will be considered who has a background as an ICU RN with some cardiology experience.
this is a new location and training prior to opening will be facilitated but current Nurse Practitioners from the John C Lincoln and Deer Valley locations before the Sonoran Crossing opening. This role will also be key in the growth and development of the campus as well. The hours of this role is Monday through Friday with a requirement for weekend rounding and minimal travel to other locations to support only if needed.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree MS, MN or MSN from a National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Required
All staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients, please refer to the addendum for stroke specific education requirements. Required
1 year as a Registered Nurse Required
Licenses and Certifications
Specialty board certification from approved national certifying agency; American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC); National Certification Corporation, or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Required
Nurse Practitioner certification must be aligned with the Arizona Board of Nursing scope of practice for nurse practitioners. Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support BCLS Certification Required
Clinical Other\DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration DEA License Required
Nursing\NP - Nurse Practioner Valid Arizona Licensure With Prescriptive Authority Nurse Practitioner Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. The practice of the NP emphasizes health promotion and maintenance, disease prevention and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. The position is associated with a significant level of autonomy; therefore, the individual must be highly motivated and able to work independently. As an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), the NP will demonstrate leadership as a mentor, educator, researcher and provider. The NP adheres to and functions within the scope of practice defined by the Arizona Board of Nursing and the organization. Adherence to Nursing practices theory based nursing that is evidenced based utilizing a Shared Governance model for decision-making. Practice focuses on performance standards that act in accordance with the organization's initiatives.
- Practice focused on Patient/Family: direct care practice using a holistic perspective; therapeutic partnerships with patients; expert clinical thinking and skillful performance; reflective practice; evidence-based guided practice; diverse health and illness management approaches. As a provider, the NP performs/collaborates with physicians to perform history and physicals, order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribe medications, consult ancillary departments and other specialists and provide a smooth transition between various levels of care, including discharge.
- Expert coaching and guidance of nursing staff, consultation with healthcare providers, research support and performance, clinical, professional and systems leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision making. As an educator, the NP promotes nursing staff development by serving as a resource for clinical skill development, critical thinking skills, discharge planning, and effective nurse-physician-client-family communication skills. As a mentor, the NP advances the role of staff nurses by promoting their direct involvement in decisions that guide patient-family centered care, while ensuring the standards of the profession and specialty are maintained. As a researcher and nursing practice expert, the NP independently and collaboratively conducts and supports research, evidence-based practice, and process improvement (e.g., safety and effectiveness) projects to enhance outcomes of care. The NP is a leader for incorporation of current research findings and other available evidence in practice.
- Reimbursement and business practice; marketing and contracting considerations; legal, regulatory and credentialing requirements; health policy issues; organizational structure and culture; outcome evaluation and performance improvement.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-24015