NURSE PRACTITIONER PRN DEER VALLEY TRAUMA
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Nurse Prac&Phys Assistant
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree (MS, MN or MSN) from a National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)-accredited institution. Required
Two (2) years as an RN with prior experience in an acute care setting. Required
Experience/clinical rotation in emergency medicine/critical care. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\NP - Nurse Practioner Valid Arizona Licensure With Prescriptive Authority
Clinical Other\DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration Current and valid license Required
Verification as a provider in ATLS and TNCC within 18 months of employment. Instructor status is a plus. Required
Acute Care Certification Required
The Nurse Practitioner provides patient services under supervision of a physician within the Trauma Center. Elicits detailed patient histories, performs physical examinations, gives treatment, prescribes certain drugs and counsels patients on health problems. May perform procedures as approved by the Medical Staff credentialing process.
- Completes daily rounds on all assigned patients. Round in all trauma care areas including the Emergency Department to address issues, evaluate new laboratory or radiology data, answer staff questions, and serve as an adjunct to the on-call trauma/surgical intensivist and in-house trauma/general surgeon on call. Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory, radiological and other diagnostic tests and studies. Writes routine orders and admission notes. Promptly completes History/Physicals as requested, Tertiary Assessment on assigned patients, progress notes and discharge summaries as per guidelines of the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Assists surgeons in the overall management of trauma patients and consultations at the request of the surgeon. Accountable for patient management plan in coordination with and under the supervision of the surgeon. Makes appropriate adjustments and interventions in the patient management plan in consultation with the attending surgeon.
- Performs a variety of procedures as per defined credentialing. Maintains accurate records of procedures and patient information for quality improvement and billing purposes.
- Executes handoff process of patients with their trauma physician at the beginning and close of their shift. Participates in daily AM Sign-Out Rounds. Assists in the preparation for daily rounds, multidisciplinary rounds, and discharge planning rounds.
- Educates patient and family regarding their injuries, plan of care, and post discharge needs; assists with discharge planning. Provides clinical education for nurses and ancillary staff. Serves as a resource. Serves as a mentor for clinical staff throughout the continuum. Maintains the credentialing requirements. Remains current on evidence based practice, existing and new, through ongoing education, attendance at conferences, CME activities, etc.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of clinical practice guidelines and monitors compliance to the standards of care. Participates in Performance Improvement Meetings to include Trauma Committee, Multidisciplinary Trauma Mortality and Morbidity, Trauma/Critical Care Committee, etc. Gathers information on complications and quality indicators.
- Communicates with the patients, consultants, and Primary Care Provider by phone and/or written letters as appropriate.
- Participates in research activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.