NURSING DIRECTOR - OPERATING ROOM - SHEA
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- OR Operating Room-Main
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited NLN institution Required
5 years in Nursing Required
1 year Supervisor Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure State Licensure Upon Hire Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support BLS Training Course C Upon Hire Required
The Clinical Director assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission and critical goals of the organization into their job performance.
Provides clinical management and operational direction for areas of responsibility. Provides leadership and coordination within their areas of responsibility. Serves as tactical point person as it relates to patient care, staff development, physician relationships, quality initiatives, program development, and system-wide success. Assures evidence-based patient care by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice.
All RN staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients must have knowledge of:
• Stroke symptoms and warning signs
• Protocols and pathways used to identify, evaluate and management of stroke patients
• NIHSS and Modified Rankin Stroke scales
• Code Brain activation and protocol
• Stoke quality indicators
• Available stroke patient education materials and community resources
• Educational requirements
• Stroke Center website resources
- Promotes an environment that supports excellence in personalized patient care and service by leading and directing implementation of a nursing leadership model and collaborative practice delivery system to commit to absolute quality, clinical care and service. Fosters collaborative partnerships with medical staff, members of the organization, and community. Uses evidence-based knowledge in decision making to improve and maintain high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Develops and is accountable for annual capital and operational budgets for defined areas of responsibility. Develops a strategic plan for short and long range goals including material, fiscal, and human resources. Identifies ways to strengthen the organization's financial health.
- Direct, manage and evaluate personnel assigned to the defined areas, monitors competence of staff. Sets direction and provides oversight for recruitment and retention strategies, selects and hires personnel based on departmental staffing plans and personnel needs. Promotes organizational climate of decision-making, autonomy and accountability
- Develops and assures strategies for excellence in patient satisfaction
- Participates in the formulation and design of policies, including strategies based on an awareness of consumer needs, market demands and quality of care issues relevant to the health care system. Accountable for Implementation and management of organization policies and procedures as they relate to the delivery of services and advises Director(s) on impact.
- Creates, implements and evaluates the Balanced Scorecard outcomes. Modifies patient care delivery systems to enhance results.
- Develops, facilitates and supports management infrastructure and unit-based structure. Participates with Medical staff, members of the management team, and the community to promote collegiality, communication, and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Facilitates and supports nursing and other educational opportunities to provide innovative learning experiences for staff and students and create a culture of development. Fosters collaborative relationships with schools of nursing and other external organizations.
- Develop and maintain systems for clinical and management records and reports to comply with State and Federal regulatory agencies, accreditation agencies, and other legal regulatory bodies.
- Supports service line initiatives to assure organizational and operational service line goals are met.
- Projects and plans for future program development, use of space, facilities and equipment for assigned areas.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.