Nursing Supervisor PCCU - Osborn Night Shift
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- Progressive Coronary Care
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth – Osborn Medical Center
7400 E OSBORN RD
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona 85251
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN, BScN) from an accredited NLN/CCNE institution
Legally licensed to work as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona.
All staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients, please refer to the addendum for stroke specific education requirements. Required
2 years Registered Nurse (RN) Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure State Licensure Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support BLS Healthcare Provider Training Course Required
Other Must obtain certification within 1 year of hire or promotion date Required
Supervises, assesses, plans, coordinates facilitates, and evaluates patient care and staff development; determines and maintains unit or program needs and standards (using nursing process and evidence -based information). Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission, and critical goals of the organization into their job performance. Assists the Clinical Director, in the management of the unit's assigned staff and patient population. May provide direct patient care according to needs of the unit/program and collaborates with physicians in executing the medical plan of care.
All RN staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients must have knowledge of:
• Stroke symptoms and warning signs
• Protocols and pathways used to identify, evaluate and management of stroke patients
• NIHSS and Modified Rankin Stroke scales
• Stroke Alert activation and protocol
• Stroke quality indicators
• Available stroke patient education materials and community resources
• Educational requirements
• Stroke Center website resources
- Oversees the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Serves as a resource to others, including staff, patients, families, caregivers, physicians, and visitors. Facilitates inter/intra departmental collaboration, communications and promotes problem solving. Participates in policy revisions and committees applicable to department. Participates in the creation, implementation, and follow-up of goals and action planning related to unit.
- Contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling, fostering peer relationships, staff education, and participating in preceptor and/or mentor programs thereby creating an environment for quality practice. Coordinates educational and professional activities as they relate to department/unit needs.
- Regularly rounds with physicians, patients, or families to facilitate quality practice and improve the patient experience. Utilizes the nursing process and evidence based practice to provide and evaluate the patient’s plan of care. Initiates and supports quality improvement initiatives and utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs staff in the application of the nursing process. Provides direction, coordinates patients care, promotes and enhances independent functioning among employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.