OCCUP THERAPIST II PD'S M-F 8:00am -4:40pm OCC WEEKEND
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Home Health
- Population Health
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7301 E 4th St
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelors degree in OT from an accredited university Required
3 years related Required
Licenses and Certifications
The OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST I is responsible for the evaluation, administration, and oversight of evidence-based occupational therapy services provided to individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They use specialized skills to promote goals of prevention of dysfunction, restoration of function and/or reversal of the progression of pathology in order to enhance quality of movement and daily living skills for individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They develop and update appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family to assist in returning them to their prior level of function. They act in accordance with physician referral guidelines, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. They embody strong customer service skills and communicate in a concise, tactful manner with physicians, co-workers, caregivers, family members, patients, and other healthcare providers.
- Communicates and documents communications with the attending physicians, appropriate other disciplines (RNs, LPN’s, CNAs, PTs, MSWs) and case managers regarding patient condition, discharge planning, plan of care. Patient/family problems and third party payer issues. Manages caseload independently and efficiently.
- Gathers data related to patient’s condition/history, selects appropriate evaluation tools/methods for the purpose of assessment and administers evaluations to determine patient’s functional abilities and limitations. Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing data gathered in the evaluation and identifying diagnosis. Establishes an appropriate, comprehensive plan of treatment with measurable, obtainable and functional long and short term goals and defined discharge plan.
- Implements an individualized treatment plan through the use of skilled therapy techniques, including therapeutic exercises, manual techniques, functional mobility training, activities of daily living training, and modalities as indicated. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, caregivers, and family members as needed.
- Effectively utilizes resources to educate and empower patients, families and healthcare providers to make responsible, cost-effective health care decisions.
- Participates in ongoing quality assurance and improvement programs, attends meetings, evaluates outcomes, and conducts audits.
- Establish treatment plans for Home Health Aides monitors and updates care plans
- Assumes responsibility for student supervision both in terms of development of clinical skills as well as employee relationship skills during their affiliation with Home Health department
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.