OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST PRN NETWORK FLOAT POOL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Ntwrk PT/OT Thrpy Float
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5225 N. SCOTTSDALE RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university approved by the AOTA. Required
6 months recent experience for Network float position Required
Licenses and Certifications
Rehab\OTL - Occupational Therapist Current license issued by the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
The Occupational Therapist I is responsible for the evaluation, administration, and oversight of evidence-based occupational therapy services provided to individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They use specialized skills to promote goals of prevention of dysfunction, restoration of function and/or reversal of the progression of pathology in order to enhance quality of movement and daily living skills for individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They develop and update appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family to assist in returning them to their prior level of function. They act in accordance with physician referral guidelines, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. They embody strong customer service skills and communicate in a concise, tactful manner with physicians, co-workers, caregivers, family members, patients, and other healthcare providers.
- Implements an individualized treatment plan through the use of skilled therapy techniques, including therapeutic exercises, manual techniques, functional mobility training, activities of daily living training, and modalities as indicated. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, caregivers, and family members as needed.
- Evaluates patients per the Department Operation Policy. Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing data gathered in the evaluation and identifying diagnosis. Establishes an appropriate, comprehensive plan of treatment with measurable, obtainable and functional long and short term goals and defined discharge plan. Performs ongoing evaluation of patient's response to treatment to assure effective and appropriate provision of services as demonstrated through documentation.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation in the patient’s medical record as required by the profession and the department, including evaluations, daily treatment notes, updated individualized treatment plans, progress reports, discharge summaries, and daily patient charges.
- Confers with the physician to clarify treatment plan and discuss patient status when indicated. Consults with appropriate medical personnel regarding patient's needs, status, and discharge plans. Provides timely, proactive feedback to case managers and other key personnel regarding discharge needs, including recommended discharge level of care and equipment needs as appropriate. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as indicated. Communicates information and addresses concerns to achieve optimal treatment outcomes as demonstrated through feedback and documentation. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff relationships.
- Delegates appropriate patients to occupational therapist assistants; supervises care delivered by the therapist assistants and assistive personnel, and provides updated plan of treatment and instruction to the same. Acts as a resource for therapy-related issues to therapy assistive personnel and staff from other departments. Assists in the identification of department needs and contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling and fostering peer relationships. Participates in departmental and interdepartmental in-services, utilization review programs, and student preceptor and/or mentor programs. Maintains a current knowledge of occupational therapy techniques, through continuing education courses, professional journals, etc., as well as JCAHO, CARF, DNV and Medicare requirements.
- Maintains accurate patient treatment records and completes billing and billing sheets according to department billing procedures and within established timeframes. Assumes responsibility for role in achieving/maintaining financial stewardship by utilizing all resources effectively and efficiently.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.