OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT PRN NETWORK FLOAT POOL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Ntwrk PT/OT Thrpy Float
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5225 N. SCOTTSDALE RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Rehab\OTA - Occup Ther Asst Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Responsible for providing both individual and group patient treatments under the supervision of a Licensed Occupational Therapist. Involvement in department program planning, adaptive equipment fabrication and quality improvement is expected. This position is responsible for treating children and adults that do not require any professional specialty certifications to address their treatment needs
- Provides personalized occupational therapy treatments under the supervision of an occupational therapist, using a variety of techniques, frame of references, and modalities.
- Communicates essential information regarding patients, to the primary occupational therapist, including proposed changes to the treatment plan, daily patient progress, need for reassessment and the need to discontinue services and in response to a change in a patient’s medical status.
- Communication: Provides verbal and written patient education to patient, family, and caregiver. Communicates information in a concise and professional manner with physicians, co-workers, caregivers, patients, family members, and other healthcare providers. Addresses concerns to achieve optimal treatment outcomes as demonstrated through feedback and documentation. Provides timely, proactive feedback to case managers and other key personnel regarding discharge and equipment needs as appropriate. Participates in Interdisciplinary rounds as indicated. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff relationships.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation in the patient’s medical record as required by the profession and the department, including daily treatment notes, individualized treatment plans, discharge summaries, and daily patient charges.
- Supervises OTA students according to State regulatory and departmental guidelines. Acts as a resource for therapy-related issues to therapy assistive personnel and staff from other departments. Assists in the identification of department needs and contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling and fostering peer relationships. Participates in departmental and interdepartmental staff meetings, in-services, peer review, and process improvement. Maintains a current knowledge of occupational therapy techniques, through continuing education courses, professional journals, etc., as well as JCAHO, CARF, DNV and Medicare requirements.
- Maintains accurate patient treatment records and completes billing and billing sheets according to department billing procedures and within established timeframes. Assumes responsibility for role in achieving/maintaining financial stewardship by utilizing all resources effectively and efficiently
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.