OPERATING ROOM ASST - PD's SHEA
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- OR Operating Room-Main
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Other Up to 6 months of related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Other BLS Healthcare Provider Course C Upon Hire Required
Functions as part of the Operating Room (OR) team, with the goal of facilitating OR efficiencies, while adhering to applicable guidelines, protocols and policies. Responsible for cleaning the ORs and surrounding areas, maintaining adequate levels of cleaning and OR turnover supplies, transporting specimens and blood products, assisting with patient positioning and transport (under supervision of and as directed by RN), and maintaining adequate levels of blankets/fluids in warming cabinets.
- Provides environmental services and assists with room turnover by cleaning of the operating rooms, OR furniture, equipment, scrub sink areas, clean cores, and hallways according to guidelines. Removes trash, soiled linen, and suction containers transports them to the assigned area. Makes up the OR bed and returns all OR furniture to its designated place. Maintains orderliness/neatness throughout the surgical suite.
- Assists with case cart preparation and transportation, supplies, retrieves and returns specialized equipment per type of surgery. Maintains inventory of linens and certain supplies in the sub-sterile area and in the OR. Identifies and disposes of used supplies and replace with new clean/sterile supplies.
- Available to facilitate patient positioning under the direction of an RN. Obtains proper positioning devices and equipment for the procedure. Assists with inpatient/outpatient transports under the under the direction of an RN. Transports specimens to the lab utilizing standard precautions, obtains blood and blood products from the lab. May assist in the preparation and assembly of basic equipment utilized during surgery, under the direction of a supervisor, and/or leadership of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.