Patient Financial Rep- JCL New Wound Care Clinic
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Wound Clinic OP
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
- Mon-Fri 8am-430pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years financial representative or registration clerk experience Required
Independently reviews financial charts for accurate and complete information. Obtains insurance authorizations. Investigates alternate methods of payment, counsels' patients on financial arrangement, benefits and estimates. Assists with all clinic activities including answering phones, patient scheduling, ordering office supplies, patient registration, and other administrative duties. Prepares insurance remittance for adjustment posting. Maintains follow-up communication with physicians and offices as needed. Able to multi-task and function in a fast paced, high patient census environment.
- Verifies accuracy of patient account/type and demographic data to assure accurate billing/reimbursement and reporting. Completes the registration process and obtains the forms for clinic use.
- Counsels patients concerning financial responsibilities, offering options available to them in conjunction with physician, outside agencies, administration, and product representatives. Acts as a resource for staff and customers on reimbursement, registration, and AHCCS eligibility issues. Also, obtains insurance authorizations as needed for facility and providers.
- Schedules patients according to clinic policies and standards. Also assists patients in coordination of all necessary follow-up appointments including diagnostic tests and imaging.
- Maintains continuous follow-up communication with physicians and offices as needed.
- Reviews charts for accurate and complete information, signatures and documentation. Accepts payments/deposits from patients.
- Abstracts clinical data and information into the Wound Management software programs and maintains reports.
- Prepares insurance remittance for ICD-9 CM and CPT-4 code adjustments posting and performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.