PATIENT NAVIGATOR - Day Shift Thunderbird VGPiper Cancer Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- VGPiper Cancer CN-TBird
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5750 W THUNDERBIRD RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
3 years working within a health insurance call center dealing with benefit verification and scheduling or similar experience in a health care setting. Required
This position acts as a resource for patients, families, and caregivers, and is responsible for coordinating/guiding patients through a comprehensive plan-of-care to overcome healthcare system barriers, facilitate timely access to quality health and psychosocial care from diagnosis through all phases of the plan.
- Expedites, initiates, participates, completes, tracks and updates the patient’s plan of care. Communicates effectively with primary care physicians, hospitals, specialists and post-acute care facilities to schedule appointments and identify and fill gaps of care. Provides follow-up with participating providers to ensure patients follow through with their scheduled appointments. Provides immediate communication with all referring physicians regarding their patients’ results and coordinates the physicians’ requests for care.
- Provides educational and research support and contacts for upcoming appointments, business cards, directions, and patient preparation. Educates patient on availability of resource library, psycho-social support, treatment resources, community resource support, family educational resources and financial assistance. Coordinates all necessary referrals for identified services in the plan of care for the patient. Following call scripts and pre-defined processes to conduct outreach and patient follow up.
- Responsible for scheduling all exams and other screening services; facilitating insurance verification and communication with referring physicians regarding patients’ upcoming exams and/or patient concerns. Maintains patient data with various tools and quality reporting processes/documentation. Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.