Patient Safety Consultant Quality
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- QI Division
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Care discipline or Engineering Required
3 years clinical or healthcare related experience and/or one (1) year quality/performance improvement. Required
The Patient Safety Quality Improvement Consultant provides consultative services to local and network leaders, physicians and staff to reduce the risk of harm to patients and improve clinical outcomes. The PSQI Consultant provides information regarding ongoing evaluation of performance, facilitates prioritization of improvement activities, and shares knowledge as subject matter expert and prioritizes improvement work to align with organizational strategy. Develops and implements innovative strategies to improve patient safety, quality of work, quality of care, and clinical quality outcomes. Has daily contact with facility level executive leaders and serves as entry point to the quality department and ensure successful implementation of initiatives at the local level.
- The Patient Safety Quality Improvement (PSQI) Consultant is agile in providing and prioritizing project management by leading either pro-active or reactive activities related to Quality and Safety. Identifies opportunities for improvement in process, structure and /or outcome and determines the appropriate process improvement methodology. Uses improvement data and/or methods such as RCAs, FMEAs, process walks, flow diagraming, PDSA, DMAIC, and A3s to determine causation and subsequently implement and track process Improvements projects. Leads multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure active participation of Quality and appropriate department personnel. Conducts periodic project status meetings and provides periodic status reports.
- Facilitates and is the change agent toward building a culture of patient safety. Understands, articulates and supports Just Culture concepts. Partners with organizational leaders to develop tactics to address opportunities identified from culture of safety surveys. Supports activities and provides subject matter expert input on matters of transparency and disclosure of patient harm events. Educates staff on National Patient Safety Goals, National Quality Forum/Leapfrog Safe Practices. Facilitates change in support of organizational strategies to meet expectations of national patient safety benchmarking.
- Facilitates education to all levels of the organization on patient safety improvement concepts and processes. Collaborates with external experts to identify best practices, such as Patient Safety Organizations, National Patient Safety Foundation, Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research, National Quality Forum (NQF), Medication Safety (ISMP), and Accreditation and Regulatory bodies (AZDHS, DNV, CMS). Acts as a subject matter expert for Communication and Resolution Program. Mentors and coaches new PSQI Consultants.
- Assists, as needed, in regulatory and accreditation activities and facilitation and tracking of improvements around of patient safety related non-conformities. Performs process walks and safety rounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.