Per Diem Exercise Physiologist CV Cardiac Rehabilitation - Days - Shea
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- CV Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9201 E MOUNTAIN VIEW RD
- Work Hours
- M,W,F 5:30am-7:00pm, Tu,Thur 5:30am-5:30pm, Sat 7:45am-12:00pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or related field Required
1 year Exercise Science Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
Rehab\ACSM - Exercise Specialist Or Personal Trainer Required
The EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST is a member of a multi-disciplinary team which offers comprehensive treatment strategies to provide positive outcomes of individual participants and for the overall Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
The Exercise Physiologist assists with patient care during all phases of Cardiac Rehabilitation to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate exercise programs for patients with cardiovascular disease and other co-morbidities.
- Provides patient assessment, education, and documentation of patients’ individual exercise programs.
- Monitors and records the responses (vital signs) to recommended exercise rehab program and progresses patient exercises according to the rehab policies and procedures.
- Assumes daily supervision of individual exercise programs.
- Completes patient reassessments and updates exercise recommendations on all individual exercise program patients on a monthly basis or as necessary.
- Communicates all exercise responses with the patients’ physician and makes necessary modifications based on recommendation.
- Leads exercise groups in stretching and/or strength training if asked to give a lecture.
- Participates as a team member in emergency or code procedures.
- Performs other departmental duties related to health promotion, staff meetings, public relations, marketing of Exercise Rehabilitation program, record keeping, and scheduling, measures/fits clients for compression garments.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.