PERIOPERATIVE CLINICAL QUALITY IMPROVEMENT CONSULT ANT
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- QI Division
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8283 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Prefer perioperative clinical experience.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' related experience in healthcare or related field Required
2 years clinical experience in relevant clinical area; OR Required
2 years Process and quality improvement experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
If RN, verified current RN AZ license or other compact state RN license. Required
The Clinical Quality Improvement Consultant will facilitate multidisciplinary improvement teams and provide consultation to improve clinical processes and outcomes, eliminate unnecessary variation, and reduce the risk of harm to patients across the network and continuum. Provides ongoing evaluation of service line and/or clinical area performance, facilitates prioritization of improvement activities, and ensures successful implementation of initiatives within assigned scope. Provides operational oversight for the hospital's Medical Staff Peer Review System across the network to ensure it is instrumental in identifying, tracking and improving processes to resolve clinical performance in a manner that promotes education, improvement, and patient safety. Provides direction to ensure that clinical services are supported by the best evidence available and are provided in accordance with standards established by federal and state regulatory agencies. Draws on expertise in LEAN continuous improvement methodologies, project/change management skills, and clinical specialty expertise to analyze and drive improvement.
- Leads and/or facilitates clinical process improvement. Serves as a resource for assessment of clinical performance, process improvement methodologies and peer review. Collaborates and supports the implementation of evidence based clinical practices. Develops and presents information at hospital, medical staff departments and committees to demonstrate progress toward goals.
- Partners with service line leaders, executives, medical staff, and hospital staff regarding clinical performance improvement goals and regulatory requirements. Supports the development of specific clinical indicators for service line, clinical specialty, and medical staff quality scorecards. Serves as a resource and mentor to data support specialists and analysts in the definition/development of indicators and data displays including the application of statistical techniques.
- Provides ongoing assessment of clinical specialty performance and analyzes clinical process and outcome data to identify performance improvement opportunities or trends. Supports and facilitates performance improvement activities related to or resulting from peer review, OPPE, FPPE, analysis of patient safety and clinical performance measures. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with clinical specialty leadership while supporting alignment with the organizational goals. Evaluates and communicates the effectiveness of specific interventions. Evaluates network performance on publically reported quality measures such as Inpatient and Outpatient Quality Reporting (IQR, OQR). If applicable, Collaborates with appropriate external organizations.
- Collaborates with Safety/Quality Improvement Consultants to analyze events and near misses to identify trends and appropriate cases for peer review within the clinical specialty. Supports Safety/Quality Improvement Consultants by participating in root cause analyses pertinent to clinical specialty. Supports ongoing professional practice evaluation (OPPE), focused professional practice evaluation (FPPE), and peer review processes. Collaborates with medical staff in the development of accurate, meaningful physician quality profiles.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Performance Measurement and Reporting team to monitor database integrity validate data accuracy, and ensure the transfer of data to appropriate national and state benchmarking. Conducts and presents research to identify best practice performance measures for benchmarking opportunities. Maintains the confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Disseminates information as appropriate throughout the network, while using appropriate safeguards to prevent inappropriate use or disclosure of confidential information.
- In collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders, supports clinical specialty specific accreditations/designations
- Participates in internal audits and supports compliance with DNV process requirements. Participates in DNV and state (regulatory) site visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.