PHARM TECH III PD'S DAYS VARY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- RX Pharmacy OP Cancer Ctr
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 E. 92ND ST
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
3 years Hospital pharmacy technician experience including IV compounding experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Current Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) issued by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Required
Routinely assists the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. Prepares complex IV admixtures, TPN and Chemotherapy admixture solutions.
- Compounds prescription medications and sterile or non-sterile pharmaceuticals. This includes but is not limited to chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), and IV admixture. Assists the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor/operational manager in the oversight of the sterile and hazardous drug compounding processes. Assures compliance with departmental quality assurance activities including expiration date checking, refrigerator temperature monitoring, laminar air flow hood cleaning documentation, equipment calibration verification, viable and non-viable environmental sampling. Ensures medication orders & sterile compounding are prepared and the quality of products meets established departmental guidelines. Assists the Inventory Specialist to assure the IV room adequately stocked with needed medications and supplies including TPN additives and chemotherapy.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation of workflow to minimize disturbances in production, unplanned events, to promote efficient operations. Makes recommendations for improving pharmacy services and procedures when needed.
- Fills automated dispensing machines accurately. Runs reports as required to ensure proper filling of automated dispensing machines.
- Retrieves medications from the narcotic automated storage (Pyxis CII Safe/Centrak) following all requirements for complete documentation of controlled substance distribution
- Pre-packages unit dose items by hand and via automated unit dosing equipment (Talyst/EXP) to maintain an ample supply of medications on hand at all times. Assures pre-packaging records are completed correctly.
- Completes and documents daily and monthly Quality Assurance (QA) checklists including nursing unit inspections, temperature logs and expired medication checklists.
- Serves as a trainer and mentor for pharmacy technician I and II, new employees and technician students.
- Performs general pharmacy duties including but not limited to:
•Preparing orders verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing, generating reports, participating n medication cart filling, ensuring medication doses are delivered within established guidelines, completing medication credits and restocks returned medications, assisting the Inventory Specialist to assure the pharmacy is adequately stocked with needed medications and supplies, restocks pharmacy areas, performs general duties of a Pharmacy Technician I and II as needed.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.