Pharmacy Clinical Manager Days Deer Valley Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- RX Pharm Hospital
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Required
Eight (8) years clinical hospital pharmacy experience OR five (5) years clinical hospital pharmacy experience and one (1) year post-graduate year one (PGY1) pharmacy practice residency OR two (2) years clinical hospital pharmacy experience and one (1) year post-graduate year one (PGY1) pharmacy practice residency and (1) year post-graduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency Required
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Pharmacist (RPh) Must obtain State of Arizona licensure within 90 days after hire. Required
Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy Services Required
Board Certification through Board of Pharmacy Specialties Required
The Pharmacy Clinical Manager is responsible for managing clinical pharmacy services, facilitates the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective medication therapies and monitors clinical pharmacy services and programs. In addition, the Pharmacy Clinical Manager provides research and documentation for local and network clinical pharmacy initiatives.
- Directs and facilitates development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical pharmacy services, treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and clinical pathways as approved by appropriate committees. Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation, and communication of best practices in medication-use in collaboration with the medical staff. Reviews the performance and documentation of clinical activities of all pharmacists. Coordinates the selection and safe use of alternative medications in response to medication shortages and non-formulary medication requests, policies and procedures for clinical activities. Contributes to and assists Clinical Pharmacy Specialists in assessing and identifying the education needs of pharmacy employees and interdisciplinary teams.
- Assists in the coordination of departmental and Network performance improvement and quality assurance activities including; drug utilization evaluation, medication error review, adverse drug reaction review and pharmacy intervention reporting. Coordinates the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, and sub-committees. Participates in administrative and unit based interdisciplinary committee meetings. Represents Pharmacy department in various Network and local hospital committees and teams. Prepares reports on pharmaceutical care, pharmacoeconomic assessments, and clinical pharmacy activities as directed. Works with the Pharmacy Director(s) and System Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services to plan, develop, and oversee implementation of pharmacy clinical services and makes recommendations for improving and expanding pharmacy clinical programs.
- Supervises activities of the Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, Pharmacy Residents, and Pharmacy Students. Works in cooperation with Pharmacy Administration to oversee activities of pharmacy staff in order to promote efficient daily clinical workflows, serve as a resource for the system to ensure continuity of services. Participates in the hiring process, orientation, continual monitoring, communication, follow up, discipline, and evaluation of Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, and Pharmacy Residents. Communicates problems, unique patient needs and other necessary information to pharmacy management team.
- Coordinates Pharmacy Residency Program(s) and serves as the Residency Program Director when applicable. Serves as a pharmacy resident preceptor and meets requirements set forth by ASHP. Serves as a pharmacy student preceptor and meets the requirements set forth by college(s) of pharmacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.