Phlebotomist at Shea Medical Center Full Time Evenings
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- LAB Phlebotomy
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- 1230pm-9pm Mon-Fri rotating Holidays and weekends
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Performs a variety of tasks requiring skills in phlebotomy, and general office to include customer service, clerical and computer/data entry.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and obtains blood draw requests. Includes TRAUMAS, STATS, ASAP, TIMED, morning draws, and routine requests as received
- Operates the hospital tube system to receive incoming specimens, distributes to appropriate area, send labels for collection, and sends reports and other requested items, according to hospital policy
- Receives outpatient laboratory specimens and requisitions according to department policies, assuring correct specimen type, and verifying complete patient identification information.
- Operates the Hospital Information System, to order, cancel, add lab test requests, and retrieve patient information and specimen collection summaries, registers patients, fax and print chart reports. Removes bar code labels and distributes and organizes them for daily procurement.
- Greets all visitors, patients, customers, and staff at the reception window or designated area.
- Operates telecommunication equipment including telephones, pagers and faxes. Responds to queries, takes detailed messages, forwards test results, and directs calls to appropriate areas. Maintains equipment and supplies, blood collection tray, work areas and outpatient drawing stations.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail for physician, patient, and department distribution. Oversees the training of new employees and assists the supervisor in the coordination of the daily work assignments. Interfaces with nursing in the absence of the Team Leader and Supervisor to resolve most complaints in phlebotomy, specimen receiving and processing and customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.