Physical Therapist II Home Health PD Days 8:00am-4:30pm OCC SATURDAY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Home Health
- Population Health
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7300 E. 4th St
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree PT from an accredited university approved by the APTA. Required
1 year related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Valid Driver’s license Required
The PHYSICAL THERAPIST II is responsible for the evaluation, administration, and oversight of evidence-based physical therapy services provided to individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They use specialized skills to promote goals of prevention of dysfunction, restoration of function and/or reversal of the progression of pathology in order to enhance quality of movement and daily living skills for individuals with physical disabilities and/or functional limitations. They develop a progress plan of care to meet the needs of the individuals served to assist in returning them to their prior level of function, acting in accordance with physician referral guidelines, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicates with and documents communications with the attending physicians, appropriate other disciplines (RNs, LPNs, CNAs, OTs, STs, and MSWs) and case managers regarding patient condition, discharge planning, plan of care, Patient/family problems, and third party payer issues. Provides home care support for patients and family members via skilled visits, joint home visits with care team. Ensures that patient and family needs, related to the diagnosis and/or disability, are met through the care plan in collaboration with the attending physicians and other disciplines.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the "therapy only" care plan, collaborating with the health care team to achieve and formulate a cohesive, comprehensive plan of care. Manages a caseload of patients independently. Monitors provision of care to ensure appropriate outcomes, visit frequency and compliance with documentation required.
- Implements an individualized treatment plan through the use of skilled therapy techniques, including therapeutic exercises, manual techniques, functional mobility training, and modalities as indicated. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, caregivers, and family members as needed.
- Participates in ongoing quality assurance and improvement programs, attends meetings, evaluates outcomes, and conducts audits.
- Assumes responsibilities for student supervision, as well as precepting new staff, both in terms of development of clinical skills, as well as employee relationship skills during their affiliation with Home Health. Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.