Physician Assistant - Critical Care - Medical Group - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HH Cardiothoracic Surgery
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10210 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours
- M-F 8am-5pm
HonorHealth is looking for an experienced critical care Physician Assistant for the Cardiothoracic Surgery department located on our Shea campus located in the Medical Plaza at N. 92nd Street & E. Cochise Drive. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a PA along with at least a year of cardiovascular surgical experience that includes endoscopic vein harvesting. NCCPA certification is required. In this role you will work directly with the Cardiothoracic Surgeon(s) and collaborate with other PAs for network coverage while participating in surgery assisting (CABG, valve procedures, minimally invasive valve surgery, etc.). The hours for this position is full-time and varied coupled with required participation in a rotating call schedule. We have launched our Cardiovascular Center of Excellence at HonorHealth. This position will support or CT Surgery Pillar Chief in this model, and the other additional surgeons that will be employed by HonorHealth. It is an exciting time to come on board with cardiovascular service line in that we are rapidly expanding.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree National Certification as Physician Assistant, AZ State Licensure as Physician Assistant, Graduation from AMA accredited school for Physician Assistants Required
All staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients, please refer to the addendum for stroke specific education requirements Required
3 years as a Physician Assistant in designated specialty Required
Licenses and Certifications
National Certification as Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) Required
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) ACLS Certification Required
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Licensure DEA License Required
Clinical Other\PA - Physician Assistant Arizona Licensure Physician Assistant Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
The Physician Assistant- Critical Care works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. The practice of the Physician Assistant- Critical Care emphasizes health promotion and maintenance, disease prevention and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. The position is associated with a significant level of autonomy; therefore, the individual must be highly motivated and able to work independently. As a Physician Assistant, this person will demonstrate leadership as a mentor, educator, researcher and provider. Practice focuses on performance standards that act in accordance with the organization's initiatives. The Physician Assistant- Critical Care is able to act as a first assist in their designated specialty.
- Provides advanced care for patients with acute conditions, such as heart attacks, respiratory distress syndrome, shock, etc. Assists surgeon during surgical procedures. Participates in discharge planning and counsels patients on post-operative care. May care for pre- and post-operative patients or perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Direct care practice using a holistic perspective; therapeutic partnerships with patients; expert clinical thinking and skillful performance; reflective practice; evidence-based guided practice; diverse health and illness management approaches. As a provider, collaborates with physicians to perform history and physicals, order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribe medications, consult ancillary departments and other specialists and provide a smooth transition between various levels of care, including discharge.
- Expert coaching and guidance of staff, consultation with healthcare providers, research support and performance, clinical, professional and systems leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision making. Promote staff development by serving as a resource for clinical skill development, critical thinking skills, discharge planning, and effective patient communication skills. As a researche r, independently and collaboratively conducts and supports research, evidence-based practice, and process improvement (e.g., safety and effectiveness) projects to enhance outcomes of care.
- Reimbursement and business practice; marketing and contracting considerations; legal, regulatory and credentialing requirements; health policy issues; organizational structure and culture; outcome evaluation and performance improvement.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.