Physician Assistant - Medical Group - Gastroenterology - Shea
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10210 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours
- 8am-5pm M-F
HonorHealth is looking for a certified Physician Assistant to work in our Shea Gastroenterology Clinic. The clinic is located at N. 92nd Street & E. Shea Blvd near the hospital campus. The ideal candidate will report to the Medical Director and provide direct care to gastroenterology patients. The hours for this role are Monday - Friday; 8a to 5p with a call requirement. Because of the location of our patients, there wil also be a requirement to travel to all three Scottsdale Medical Centers in order to provide hospital inpatient coverage during the weekend. We are looking for the best fit for the team from a culture standpoint as well as meeting the requirements and being certified. Apply now!
HonorHealth is looking for a certified Physician Assistant for our Gastroenterology department who will be flexible to travel to all 3 Medical Center locations to provide hospital inpatient coverage. The ideal candidate will be an experienced provider who can treat gastro patients and the ability to work Wednesday through Sunday providing care. The position will report to the GI Medical Director and there is a call requirement to fulfill as well. HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Other National Certification as Physician Assistant, AZ State Licensure as Physician Assistant, Graduation from AMA accredited school for Physician Assistants Required
Licenses and Certifications
National Certification as Physician Assistant Required
Clinical Other\PA - Physician Assistant Arizona Licensure Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
Provides patient services under supervision of a physician. Elicits detailed patient histories, performs physical examinations, gives treatment, prescribes certain drugs and counsels patients on health problems. May suture minor wounds, assist in surgery, apply and remove cast and traction apparatus and performs other therapeutic procedures. Adhere to the organization's credentials Allied Health scope of practice.
Percentage of time spent performing duties varies according to physician and office needs.
- Identifies short-term and long range patient care issues that must be addressed; provides information and commentary on patient condition to physician and makes recommendations. Implements recommendations as approved.
- Interviews patients, performs physical examinations, and obtains information about and updates medical histories.
- Administers or orders diagnostics tests such as x-rays, EKG’s, and laboratory studies. Interprets test results.
- Administers injections and immunizations. May suture or otherwise manage wounds and infections.
- Collaborates with other departments and outside businesses to ensure ongoing continuity of care. Demonstrates understanding of ICA statutes in all communication. Educates related to Federal and state regulatory guidelines and ICA statutes, and OSHA medical surveillance components to ensure compliance with all policies and regulatory programs.
- Remains current on existing and new clinical practices, legislation, and the dynamics of patient management plans.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.