PHYSICIAN PRIMARY CARE AND SPECIALTY POSITIONS
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group Admin
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
HonorHealth has several Primary Care and Specialty Physician positions available throughout Phoenix and Scottsdale. Please apply to this job requisition and we will be happy to discuss all of our opportunities with you.
M.D. or D.O Required
Other Member of HonorHealth medical staff. Required
Provides direct patient care in accordance with evidence based treatment guidelines. They will deliver care in a team-centered approach; interact with patients and families to keep them informed and engaged in the decisions and direction of health care; provide counseling education and resource information on wellness, prevention of illness and health maintenance; and refer patients as appropriate for specialty care services and educational training for their conditions.
- Provides direct patient care to patients at the practice site in accordance with evidence based treatment guidelines in a Patient Centered Medical Home model. Delivers well care as well as a team centered approach to management of chronic disease states to improve the health of the practice’s patients. Interacts with patients and families to keep them informed and engaged in the decisions and direction of their health care. Provides counseling education and resource information on wellness, prevention of illness and health maintenance. Refers patients as appropriate for specialty care services and educational training as appropriate for their conditions.
- Uses disease registries to identify gaps and out of range values in care delivery to utilize support services and care managers to improve metrics of healthcare status.
- Participates in improving perceived and actual access to care for patients through participation in process improvement to deliver same day appointments and extended hours of availability. Works with the process team to improve efficiencies of care delivery in the office setting to utilize "top of license" care by the office team.
- Maintains, monitors and ensures accurate and timely documentation of patient encounter records to meet criteria set forth by coding guidelines, CMS, HIPAA and other governmental regulations.
- Works with Practice Development and Improvement Manager on the application process and assist practice in achieving benchmarks toward Patient Centered Medical Home status and NCQA certification. Participates in clinical integration including process improvement, working with care managers, and coordinating transition of care to specialists and inpatient services. Provide timely follow up following inpatient discharge for transition of care to the outpatient setting.
- Acts in a fiscally responsible manner. Strives to deliver value (quality/cost) to the patient by giving the right care by the right individual at the right time.
- Regularly attends meetings and events.