Prep Cook- Evenings- Thompson Peak Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- Food Srvcs
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
- Work Hours
- mids and evenings
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Less than High School Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Required
The PREP COOK is responsible for one or more of the following functions in the coffee shop and main kitchen. Such functions include the preparing of food on the coffee shop grill, preparing cold plates, bulk salad production, preparing soups, vegetables, and starches and operating the cash register. Will also be responsible for maintaining the area in a neat and orderly manner, pulling daily stock, operating kitchen equipment and serving on patient tray line.
- Preps for hot and cold entrees and side dishes. Measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes and specifications.
- Washes and cuts vegetables and fruits according to procedures. Slices meats and prepares meat salads.
- Operates various equipment such as grinders, ovens, choppers, mixers, and blenders.
- Sets up stations and assembles meals in accordance with established schedule and procedure.
- Ensures that all foods prepared meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste, and appearance.
- Assembles and garnishes cold salads, entrees, appetizers, and desserts for service.
- Stores and maintains prepared and partially prepared foods in optimum conditions and temperatures.
- Plans and coordinates preparation schedules so that foods will be ready at required times and in specified amounts.
- Reviews forecast tally for production needs. Adjusts production to current census or customer needs and supervisory instruction.
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
- Verifies food and supply items issued from storeroom. Requisitions additional items if required.
- Cleans, inspects, and maintains equipment, tools, and utensils
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.