Provider Educator Days - ICP HonorHeath
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Innovation Care Partners
- Innovation Care Partners
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8901 E MOUNTAIN VIEW RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree Registered Nurse Required
5 years in patient care in healthcare Inpatient and/or Ambulatory setting Required
Provides education and training to medical providers and practice staff for various quality and risk initiatives within the Innovation Care Partners physician network. Develops and facilitates consistent, accurate, optimal documentation by providing both formal and informal educational programs. Works with ICP's Analytics Office team, leadership, and others to assess documentation gaps and formulates appropriate educational approaches and curriculum to include materials, handouts, newsletters, and tip sheets.
- Communicates and interacts with physicians and clinical staff via informal verbal communication, the use of written communication tools, and formal educational presentations. Incorporates evidence-based practices into all quality and risk training and education programs as well as in the development of policies, procedures, and guidelines.Utilizes research, analytic data, and observations to provide recommendations to improve the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation for quality and risk.
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum development including writing program outcomes, objectives, and competency statements, and selects appropriate learning modality. Facilitates the adult learning process creating a climate which supports learning.
Identifies and recruits, as appropriate, internal and external resources (medical coders, nurse clinicians, physicians, and other subject matter experts) for educational activities.
- Establishes cooperative and multidisciplinary relationships with physicians, providers, coding staff, and other health team members. Serves as a resource to health team members related to optimal documentation, educational needs, and successful problem resolution.Provides timely and constructive feedback to learners.
- Performs concurrent and retrospective reviews of clinical documentation, utilizing evidence-based knowledge, protocols, and criteria. Facilitates modifications to support clinical documentation of health team members to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients. Conducts follow-up reviews of clinical documentation to ensure points of clarification have been recorded in the patient’s chart.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.