REFERRAL COORD - Full-time - Phoenix
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- VG Piper CN-Billing
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
6 months in a medical office. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Must demonstrate proficiency in Electronic Health Record post hire by attending required training and passing proficiency test. Required
The Referral Coordinator-PN is responsible for coordinating all aspects of specialty referrals, eligibility verification and maintenance for practice patients. This responsibility includes obtaining client information, maintaining patient files, verifying information with appropriate agencies, and reporting statistics and data as required.
- Processes and approves selected specialists referrals according to criteria and guidelines established in general and PN specifically.
• Obtains referral request documentation
• Completes referral authorization/prior authorization in a timely fashion and in accordance with practice requirements.
• Compiles all pertinent medical data and supporting documentation and faxes or mails to appropriate receiver.
• Verifies eligibility, benefits and contractual appropriateness.
- Responsible for recording referral information on Referral Log in order to assist in the tracking of referral numbers and costs to assist in budgetary forecasting and to assure follow-up.
- Responsible for Electronic Health Records:
• Continually maintains Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other compliance requirements.
• Enters non-clinical information into patient electronic health record (EHR) system. Ensures all required information is keyed in thoroughly and accurately.
• Views non-clinical information in patient EHR system.
• Independently formulates information to be entered into EHR system.
• Obtains information to be entered from multiple sources such as providers, nurses, etc.
• Logs, tracks, and resolves issues within specific time frame to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entry.
• Brings errors and/or issues to the attention of designee.
• Navigates through multiple complex EHR screens and enters data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.