Referrals Specialist - Heuser Family Medicine - NOAH - Scottsdale
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- NOAH Family MedCtr-Heuser
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 3634 N. DRINKWATER
- Work Hours
- M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Heuser Family Medicine
3634 N. DRINKWATER
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona 85251
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Related Required
1 year experience with managed care referral process Required
Performs a variety of duties to obtain pre-certification and prior authorization for various procedures and referrals to specialists as determined by FMC physicians requiring customer service skills in with FMC physicians, patients, insurance companies, specialists' office staff and other facilities to obtain authorization for the further care of FMC patients in a timely manner from managed care companies and providing appropriate follow-up with the patient and specialist.
- Provides documentation and appropriate information to obtain pre-certification and prior authorization for further care of FMC patients as requested by the FmC physicians in a timely manner. The requests and documentation are provided to managed care companies. Provides patient chart information to specialists as directed. Reorganizes processing as changes occur in insurance plans or in office procedure.
- Communicates verbally and in writing using customer service skills with FMC physicians, patients, insurance companies, specialists’ office staff and other facilities. Serves as resource to FMC physicians and staff regarding requirements for prior authorization and referrals.
- Maintains referral tracking logs for status of each referral. Enters referral information into each patient’s referral file in the computer.
- Provides follow up with billing problems on the patient’s encounter due to referrals including conducting research and letters of clarification.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.