Registration/Scheduler - Outpatient Therapy John C Lincoln - Per Diem
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HOPD Registration
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9202 N 2ND ST
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Year in healthcare related field and knowledge of medical terminology, or experience in scheduling and/or registration in a healthcare setting. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
Acts as first point of contact to all customers. Organizes and facilitates clerical administrative duties of department. Performs a variety of cross-functional clerical and patient support duties to include telephone, registration, scheduling clerical administrative duties and/or data entry duties as they relate to department. Responsible for patient chart maintenance and communication with physicians' offices as needed and requested. Duties listed below may vary depending on departmental needs or in some department areas may not be applicable at all.
- Contacts/greets and communicates with customers. Responsible for answering telephone calls, retrieving and responding to voice mail messages. Directs all information to appropriate individual. Orients patients to the department with directions and instructions.
May also be performing the following imaging support duties:
Receives and transfers incoming calls,
Generates reports and retrieves images from the PACS system,
Assists in maintaining efficient patient workflow,
Maintains all records and ensure dissemination of such files to designated/requesting parties,
Ensures patients are appropriately prepared for their exam,
Transports patients when necessary,
Will assist Supervisor, Radiologist and/or Technologists within scope of position as directed.
- Scheduling: Performs a variety of scheduling for procedures. Is not limited to: scheduling patients for initial and follow-up appointments. Tracks no-shows, documents in appropriate system and communicates with physician, if applicable. Provides schedule in directed format to staff as needed.
- Registration: Performs a variety of registration duties, is not limited to: providing patient with the initial registration information, creates and/or chooses appropriate electronic record, gathers signature (electronic or otherwise), medical authorization/referral coordination and / or financial responsibility. Completes daily data entry and scanning of patient registration information.
- Obtains authorization from insurance companies as applicable. Collects co-pays and payments required for procedures. Completes and submits daily deposits and or billing as applicable.
- In accordance with HIPPA, completes patient chart process and maintains with appropriate information. Communicates with applicable insurance carriers and hospital billing for authorization updates. Ensure that appropriate chart information is forwarded to medical records as applicable.
- Complete patient chart process and maintains with appropriate information. Communicates with Workman’s Compensation and hospital billing for authorization updates and billing. Ensure that appropriate chart information is forwarded to medical records as applicable.
- Views email on a daily basis and provides supervisor with appropriate information and memorandums.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies/forms and places orders as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.