RESEARCH NURSE ONCOLOGY FT SCOTTSDALE SHEA
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HHRI Oncolgy Clincl Trial
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree RN. Bachelor's Degree in any field OR Assoc. Degree in any field AND 4 yrs professional nursing exper. Required
6 months clinical research experience Required
2 years experience in specialty area Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure State licensure Upon Hire Required
Other BCLS/ACLS/NALS required as appropriate for assigned unit Upon Hire Required
The RESEARCH NURSE supports clinical research activities throughout HonorHealth, assisting principal investigators with their research protocols. Responsibilities include coordinating aspects of the research projects, obtaining informed consent, scheduling subject visits, executing protocol-driven activities, collecting data and maintaining all regulatory documents related to the studies. This position requires clinically competent physical assessment skills, attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- Screens for the recruitment of subjects into the research studies. Discusses the protocols with subjects and family members as appropriate. Obtains informed consent as requested by the PI. Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Performs study treatments as prescribed by the study i.e. physical assessment, arranging and acquiring study drug, study drug administration, gathering study equipment. Ensures required study treatments and diagnostics are arranged and carried out. Schedules subject visits according to the requirements of the protocol. Collects appropriate subject data to fulfill the needs of the research study and maintains these data in a scientifically sound database.
- Serve as a contact between research coordinators and principal investigators to assist in acquisition and maintenance of research studies. Reads and understands research protocols. Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information related to investigational studies.
- Synthesizes research protocols to provide principal investigator with an understanding of the requirements of the studies.
- Monitors and reports significant study events including adverse events and study amendments and closures. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in fiscal responsibilities through regular documentation and appropriate communication regarding study subject screening and enrollment.
- Maintains and improves research skills through participation in study specific meetings as well as educational offerings.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.