RESEARCH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HHRI Oncolgy Clincl Trial
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10510 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support our Clinical Trials Providers.
At the HonorHealth Research Institute, patients have access to tomorrow's cure today. Established in 2005, the institute has become a patient destination for treatments often available nowhere else. In fact, patients arrive from 50 states and two dozen countries. HonorHealth has attracted some of the most distinguished physicians and researchers in the nation, and their discoveries are giving patients new hope for a better quality of life.
Associate's Degree or 4 Years related experience Required
5 years administrative experience Required
Provides advanced secretarial support to the Clinical Investigators and the Clinical Manager at the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Clinical Trials Program. Provides oversight of daily administrative activities in an ethical, confidential and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of documents for manuscripts, abstracts, and presentations. Assists in preparing presentations including posters, PowerPoint, and other printed material.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date calendars for Investigators and scheduling any conferences, trips, or transportation that is needed for business travel. Provides detailed travel itinerary including all pertinent travel and lodging information, meeting locations, and contact information. Processes paperwork for reimbursement of travel expenses to investigators in a timely, accurate manner. Routinely reviews schedules in advance to anticipate potential scheduling conflicts. Responsible for maintaining and tracking Paid Time Off and Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Responsible for scheduling all meetings and conference calls. Reports accurate data back to Investigators including set up and start of conference calls, taking and transcribing minutes when applicable, and coordinating catering when applicable.
- Performs advanced secretarial duties such as transcription, typing, operating computers, copying, faxing, emailing, and scanning documents. Is proficient with office automation products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Ref Works) or related office equipment.
- Assist administration with new login requests, process payment authorizations, ordering materials (computers/phones/business cards), entering work orders, scheduling meetings & interviews, and catering. Provides status updates on these projects as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental correspondence which includes composing and typing routine correspondence, reviewing draft and finished documents for spelling, format, and appropriate grammatical usage. Writes new policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintains effective communication with all levels of professionals; physicians, research coordinators, research specialists, managers, hospital administration, sponsors, and their representatives. Screens calls, incoming mail, publications and other correspondence.
- Coordinates credentialing and maintains licenses for the Clinical Investigators and maintains records of department activities and administrative expenses.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.