Respiratory Therapist RRT w/ Medical Group Part Time Days
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HH Phx Neurological
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5090 N 40TH ST
- Work Hours
- Wednesdays 8-5
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Graduate of a 2 year AMA approved Respiratory Care program. Required
6 months experience for Network float position Required
Licenses and Certifications
Respiratory\RCP - Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner BLS Certification Required
Respiratory\RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist Required
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
This position sets up, operates, and administers all types of respiratory care equipment and procedures to be used in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness to both general floor and critical care areas. Evaluates therapeutic objectives and outcomes and transcribes verbal orders from physicians in the medical record. Performs arterial puncture, blood gas analysis, co-oximetry, electrocardiograms, electrolytes, and other basic pulmonary function testing.
- Sets up, operates, and monitors mechanical ventilators as ordered. Makes appropriate changes as ordered. Assures the patency, stability, and location of the artificial airway. Assures adequate and appropriate humidification through the artificial airway. The therapist must be familiar with the operation of numerous different mechanical ventilators. They must also be proficient with many modes of mechanical ventilation and their applications. Assists with the transportation of mechanically ventilated patients to other patient care areas.
- Performs routine respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration in adult, pediatric, and neonatal areas. Such therapy includes, but, is not limited to aerosol therapy, nebulized medications, metered dose inhalers, flutter therapy, PEP therapy, incentive spirometry; nasotracheal and artificial airway suctioning; breathing exercises, CPAP/BiPAP therapy and support, sputum induction, and oxygen analysis. The therapist describes and instructs therapies or procedures to patients and/or families in a clear and professional manner. The therapist reviews, prioritizes and readjusts their daily assignment to perform therapy in an efficient and organized manner and to provide the highest degree of patient care possible.
- Performs arterial punctures. Accurately completes a variety of blood tests including arterial blood gas analysis, co-oximetry, and electrolytes as well as the calculation of diagnostic relationships such as shunt, dead space, arterial-venous oxygen content and alveolar-arterial oxygen differences. Performs quality control and proficiency testing on analyzers and verifies and documents the results. Immediately reports and documents the results with critical values to the appropriate nurse or physician.
- Gathers materials and equipment for therapy and transports them to patient’s bedside. Examines the patient chart for appropriate and complete orders and checks the patient’s identification band to verify the patient’s identity. Mixes measures and dispenses pharmacological solutions and drugs as prescribed by the physician. Documents all mechanical ventilator parameters and changes, all respiratory treatments, tests, or appropriate respiratory monitors and the patient’s responses in the electronic or paper medical record in a timely manner, generally while performing therapy or shortly afterwards as close to the time of treatment as possible. Documents and reports delays or omissions.
- Reviews prescriptions prepared by physicians to determine completeness. Assesses the neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients; systematically uses technical skills to establish the appropriate level of respiratory care to be administered.
- Assist the physician in beside procedures as required. Takes physician’s verbal orders and transcribes appropriately.
Performs bag and mask ventilation and maintains an adequate airway and assists with life threatening events. Attends all resuscitations and traumas as assigned.
Performs basic pulmonary function testing, including determination of vital capacity, forced inspiratory/expiratory flows, flow volume loops, and peak flow maneuvers. Performs resting and exercise oximetry testing. Some therapists perform complete pulmonary function studies including diffusion, lung volumes, body box procedures and Pulmonary stress procedures.
Collects soiled equipment from patient areas, transports to CV Respiratory Therapy department or appropriate cleaning area and cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and packages respiratory care equipment as needed. Performs minor trouble shooting of equipment as necessary. Recognizes when equipment needs to be repaired or have preventative maintenance performed and takes the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.