Retail Supervisor- Days- Shea Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Food Srvcs
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm Alternating Weekends and some nights
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate’s Degree in restaurant management, hospitality management, Culinary Arts or 2 years related work experience Required
2 years Restaurant, Café or health care food service management/supervision Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service Certified Sanitarian Upon Hire Required
Driver License Insurable by SHC Policy Upon Hire Required
Manager Food Handlers Card Required
Provides leadership and coordinates the resources of Retail Food Service operations. Manages a cross-functional team to achieve quality, customer satisfaction, and financial goals. Practices principles of floor leadership: implements merchandising and marketing programs, creates the optimal customer dining experience, monitors serving and dining areas throughout main meal periods. Monitors daily operations, cash receipts, expenses. Assists with system menu planning. Tracks sales and writes sales data to history, forecasts production, ensures compliance with recipes and serving standards. Achieves net profitability goals while ensuring outstanding quality and customer satisfaction. Meets all Health Department, OSHA, FDA, and Operational Excellence regulations. Promotes the philosophy, programs and initiatives of Scottsdale Healthcare, Consolidated Services and Aramark Retail Business Services.
- Provides leadership to staff assigned to retail operations. Interviews, selects, hires, and disciplines staff. Advises, develops programs, orient/trains, and provides direction to work teams. Mediates, negotiates, and resolves conflicts between employees. Coaches them by developing and presenting inservice education on techniques to better communicate, collaborate, coordinate/organize workload activities, and instill cooperation between team leaders. Evaluates employee performance, recognizes employee achievement through reward programs, counsels employees as necessary.
- Supervises retail operations and support/maintain service standards. Programs cash register and is responsible for point-of-sale software maintenance and register operation for site specific needs.
- Ensures that schedules are well planned to provide recourses and support to meet retail objectives and service standards. Monitors time and attendance reporting. Approves time cards and reviews labor distribution reports.
- Resolves problems and service disruptions with a high standard of customer service and satisfaction. Follows-up on complaints to ensure effectiveness of corrective actions. Performs daily inspections and surveys to learn of and meet customer expectations.
- Collaborates with Chef and production team daily regarding forecasts and menu needs. Creates and implements retail promotions, merchandising, and marketing.
- Prepares end of day financial reports. Verifies cash banks. Prepares bank deposits and places coin orders directly to the financial institutions servicing Scottsdale Healthcare. Maintains accurate required statistical data (inspection reports, routines, task assignments, verification of skills and competencies, flash reports, daily sales report).
- Assists with budget preparation and submitting operating and capital requests for area assigned. Monitors variance on an ongoing basis.
- Inspects and Supervises all retail points of food service, including self serve food areas, grill, steam table, salad bar, espresso, dining room, etc. Assures compliance to standards for cleanliness and pleasing environment.
- Routinely monitors temperature and quality of foods prepared. Prepares quality and service reports. Ensures compliance with established recipes and garnishing protocols Assumes responsibility for the team’s adherence to food production standards, use of standardized recipes and food presentation guidelines. Ensures compliance with HACCP, Infection Control, and Health Department regulations.
- Monitors use of equipment in retail operations, maintenance, repair, and equipment PM programs. Provides and documents Annual Equipment Safety training.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.