RN CASE MANAGER PER DIEM DAYS DEER VALLEY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Case Mgmt
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- ON CALL
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited NLN/CCNE institution, or diploma from an accredited NLN/ACEN institution. Required
3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure Current RN (AZ or State Compact Licensure) Required
Guides care coordination for high risk acute care patients, and facilitate the discharge plan for patients with medically complex post-acute care needs. Analyzes medical records to determine legitimacy of admission, treatment, and length of stay in acute setting in accordance with patient needs, regulatory standards and insurance company guidelines. Advocates for patients/families and liaisons with key team member to ensure that patient healthcare needs are being addressed. Collaborates with physicians and assists in the facilitation of healthcare resources to ensure services and care are delivered in a timely manner. The RN Case Manager works in collaboration with patients, providers, and key stakeholders in coordinating health services and referrals to assist with ensuring safe discharge.
- Collaborates with patient/significant others as well as other members of the health care team in determining the appropriate level of care, utilization of resources and length of stay (utilizing electronic admission and discharge criteria program and physician input).
- Communicates with stakeholders, appropriate health care related information, both verbally and in written form, to ensure timely coordination care and services for patients receiving inpatient care. Identified point of contact for managing transitions of care.
- Reevaluates transition of care needs daily and coordinates transition to next level of case management or care coordination services. Performs concurrent review of patient treatment plans in accordance with the hospital policies and third party reimbursement systems.
- Assists in the maintenance of department logs and databases, department statistics, and utilization review documents according to hospital policy and state/ federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.