RN UTILIZATION REVIEW SPECIALIST - DAYS - WKENDS VARIED
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Case Mgmt
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited NLN/CCNE institution Required
3 years Registered Nurse in an acute care setting. Required
1 year experience in UR/UM. Required
Licenses and Certifications
RN Licensure Required
Reviews and monitors utilization of health care services with the goal of maintaining high quality cost-effective care. Ensures appropriate level of care through comprehensive review for medical necessity of extended stay, outpatient observation, and inpatient stays and the utilization of ancillary services. Responsible for coordinating and conducting medical necessity reviews for all Medicare, AHCCCS, Self-pay, and all other payers, upon admission and concurrently throughout the admission.
- Reviews clinical documentation and facilitates modifications (as needed) to ensure that documentation accurately reflects the level of service rendered and severity of illness (in compliance with government and other regulations) for all patients. Performs initial and concurrent reviews on all patients entering the health care continuum.
- Facilitates the delivery of services to patients and families through effective utilization of available resources. Performs medical record reviews, as required by payer. Interfaces with Care Management team to provide information regarding quality outcome measurements (such as timeliness and appropriateness of services). Collaborates with physicians, case managers, payers and others to appeal individual denials and trended issues related to contract guidelines. Works with medical records, finance and physician groups to develop systems to facilitate complete documentation for data reporting purposes.
- Initiates chart reviews, conducts follow-up reviews, and rounds on patients to ensure continuity of UR reviews.
- Maintains a system to identify admissions with specific diagnosis / DRG classifications or other categories of admissions. Notifies attending physicians and house staff or other appropriate staff of documentation issues requiring clarification.
- Determines qualifications for hospital level of care based on set criteria.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.