- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- 9:00am to 5:30pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
6 months scheduling or related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
May be required to take a medical terminology course within 3 months of hire Required
The SCHEDULER acts as first point of contact to all customers and is responsible for all areas of departmental activities including: scheduling of new and established appointments for the specified department/office, triage phone calls as necessary, may conduct patient pre-certification to ensure coverage for appointments and medical care, inputs data for the purpose of maintaining records, and statistics utilizing computer technology. Performs a variety of cross-functional clerical and patient support duties applicable to the department.
- Performs a variety of scheduling tasks needed to schedule patient appointments. Answers incoming calls and or multiline telephone promptly, triages/schedules/routes callers, provides routine information to callers, takes messages and delivers messages to staff. May retrieve and respond to voice mail messages, directs patients and all information to appropriate individual. Tracks no-shows, documents in appropriate system and communicates with physician, if applicable. Provides schedule in directed format to staff as needed. Consistently demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- May generate reports and retrieves data from various systems utilized within the department. Assists in maintaining efficient patient workflow, records and ensures dissemination of such files to designated/requesting parties, ensures patients are appropriately prepared for their appointment or exam, and may assist with patient transports when necessary. Views department email on a daily basis and provides the supervisor and or manager with appropriate information and memorandums. Maintain inventory of office supplies/forms and places orders as required.
- May perform a variety of registration duties, is not limited to: providing patient with the initial registration information, creates and/or chooses appropriate electronic record, gathers signature (electronic or otherwise), medical authorization/referral coordination and / or financial responsibility. Completes daily data entry and scanning of patient registration information.
- Obtains authorization from insurance companies as applicable. Collects co-pays and payments required for procedures. Completes and submits daily deposits and or billing as applicable.
- In accordance with HIPPA, completes patient chart process and maintains with appropriate information. Communicates with applicable Workman’s Comp, insurance carriers and hospital billing for authorization updates. May be required to forward to medical records to medical records department as applicable. Performs other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.