Security Officer- On Call-Nights-Thompson Peak Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year of successful experience on law enforcement or security Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Required
The Security Officer patrols designated HonorHealth properties, screens visitors, and performs other activities related to the safety and security of staff, patients, and visitors. Some activities can involve elements of danger or risk of injury and restraining patients. Protects HonorHealth property against theft, fire, vandalism, or other illegal, unsafe, or unauthorized activities.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and secure hospital campus. Patrols assigned areas, checking for suspicious activity or safety/fire hazards. Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to the appropriate leadership personnel. Checks doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor and/or manager. Escorts people/property to desired destination when monies, documents or safety of property or persons are a concern. Responds to alarms and dispatched calls and takes appropriate actions. Unlocks buildings/doors after checking identification and compliance with hospital policies. Enforce organizational policies. (i.e. parking, smoking, badge compliance) Provides training to staff as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in emergency situations. Acts as first responder to disturbances/emergencies such as infant abduction alarms, fire alarms, panic alarms, intruder alarms, restraint calls anywhere in hospital or on hospital grounds. Must respond to urgent security calls immediately, which may require rapid stair climbing, running/sprinting, moving of heavy equipment and other associated tasks. In the event of emergencies, must take charge of maintaining order, safety and to protect personnel and property. Some activities can involve interacting with and controlling hostile, belligerent, aggressive individuals involving some element of danger or risk of injury. Subdues resisting, aggressive, combative and distressed individuals and when ordered by proper medical authority and in compliance with hospital policy/procedure the application of appropriate restraint equipment to prevent injury to individual or others. This activity can involve some element of danger and/or risk of injury. May assist law enforcement officers and security leadership with protection details, crowd control, and surveillance at large public events. May assist in providing security for mass casualty events including setting up Decon equipment
- Responsible for investigating and/or documenting incidents. Documents policy violations in citations or emails. Maintains a daily log of activities. Provides and relays information as directed
- Responsible for completing required training and annual in-services. Participates in security department training and continuing education programs including, but not limited to Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Techniques, Self Defense Tactics & Techniques leading to certification in the use of specialized equipment
- Represents HonorHealth as a brand ambassador for the company. Greets patients/visitors/vendors/staff with a smile. Assists any persons on campus grounds needing direction or campus information. Assists other departments with helping guests while they are otherwise detained. Collaborates with community partners.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.