Senior Project Manager
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' work related experience or Licensed in Plumbing, Electrical or Mechanical Trade Required
5 years facility construction management or a combination of certificates resulting in advanced knowledge of construction management. Required
The Senior Project Manager, Construction is responsible for delivering construction and renovation projects from the initial feasibility/concept stage through construction and project stabilization. Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all aspects of remodel and new construction projects in owned and leased locations. Manages multiple large projects including redevelopment and ground up projects. Oversee the work of Project Managers and coordinates with organizational stakeholders and executive administration as it relates to campus projects. Responsible as the point of contact between HonorHealth and all customers, vendors, contractors, architects, engineers and other outside agencies as it relates to construction projects. This position will ensure that HonorHealth construction projects are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for comprehensive oversight of renovation and construction projects including development of protocols and systems for all areas of responsibility and collaborating with Supply Chain/Shared Services leadership in the establishing Built Environment standards for Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E’s).
- Effectively lead the development of project design, budget and schedule and is responsible for positive financial and on-time performance of projects.
- Oversee the formulation of Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and bid packages in order to ensure the best pricing and performance for HonorHealth, making recommendation of contractors, and providing budgetary planning and cost projections.
- Accurately read and interpret blueprints and makes recommendations to change if necessary in order to ensure compliance with project scope/design and HonorHealth standards.
- Responsible for the direction, leadership and supervision of daily work activities of Project Managers and General Contractors on a twenty-four hour basis.
- Independently makes decisions related to construction projects and department operations within the parameters defined by HonorHealth guidelines and administration.
- Review and oversee monthly expenses to ensure accuracy and consistency of project expenses and ensure project is meeting budget. Review and approve contractor pay applications for percentage of completion and subcontractor time and material vouchers for accuracy and payment. Provides and presents regular project expense reports to track budget performance.
- Responsible for compliance with all city, state, federal regulations. Ensures all work performed meets all requirements of NFPA 99, Hospital Guidelines for construction, UBC, UPC, UMC, Fire codes, NEC, OSHA, AOA and other applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. Conducts safety training and meetings for contractors. Ensures contractors and vendors remain in compliance with HonorHealth safety standards and other requirements.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and resolve project problems involving contractors, maintenance, emergencies, budget variances, schedule and all other issues affecting positive financial and/or on-time completion of projects and makes recommendations to project stakeholders and administration on corrective actions.
Establish positive working relationships with Facilities Engineering, Administration, department managers, contractors, vendors, architects, engineers and other outside agencies.
- Oversees and ensures document management for all construction projects to include all project records including CAD files, change orders, RFIs, AIAs, blue prints, license C of O’s, ADHS approvals, testing reports etc.
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.