Shift Lab Supervisor at Shea Medical Center Nights Transitive Incentive Available
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- LAB Core
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- 8pm-630am Monday-Friday Rotating Weekends and Holidays
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
***Transition Incentive available to qualified candidates***
Bachelor's Degree Required
3 years related Required
Licenses and Certifications
MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), AMT or equivalent Required
Supervises the daily laboratory operations, including work schedules, work assignments, receipt and allocation of specimens for testing, time card modifications, evaluations and counseling of staff. Responsible for all areas of the laboratory and their corresponding team members who are assigned to Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Processing, Phlebotomy and Microbiology (if applicable) during their assigned shift. Performs analytical testing in the laboratory, document quality control, perform preventative maintenance and instrument troubleshooting.
- Evaluates and verifies the suitability of specimens received and prepares these specimens for analysis in an accurate and efficient manner, while assuring the timeliness of results. Performs routine and specialized testing using appropriate laboratory instrumentation/equipment following prescribed policies, procedures and defined standards of performance. Studies, evaluates and performs technical aspects of procedures in use. Clinical correlation of results with other known patient parameters is incorporated in result verification per department procedure. Critical results are reported and documented per Laboratory policy.
- Keeps Technical Supervisor and Manager informed of activities including unusual patient data and results along with personnel issues or concerns. Determines and modifies bench assignments and ensures all staff members rotate assignments routinely. Assists managers with interviewing and making recommendations for hiring personnel. Evaluates employee performance, recognizes their achievements, counsels and disciplines them as necessary. Assists Manager with investigation of written and formal actions. Monitors staff to ensure standards of performance are met ant that staff comply with all OSHA and department safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts performance checks and calibrations of laboratory instrumentation within assigned laboratory sections. Evaluates reagents, media and standards according to established criteria. Conducts, documents, monitors and evaluates established quality control or quality assurance procedures on analytical tests, reagents, equipment and products, implementing corrective action protocols when indicated. Assists in the preparation, analysis and reporting of proficiency testing samples. Participates in the review of proficiency testing results, in the identification of problem areas and in formulating plans for corrective action. Assists in the preparation of the laboratory for on-site regulatory inspections.
- Performs and documents instrument function verification checks and preventative maintenance on all equipment consistent with department policies and procedures. Instrument malfunctions are recognized and troubleshooting procedures are initiated in a timely manner per department policies and procedures. May participate in the evaluation, correlation and verification of instrument or procedure performance.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees to policies and procedures in assigned laboratory sections.
Participates in the education of students in assigned laboratory sections.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.