SOCIAL WORKER - JCL - PER DIEM DAYS
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Case Mgmt
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree in Social Work Required
1 year as a Licensed Social Worker, and/or successful completion of HonorHealth New Grad program Required
Licenses and Certifications
Must have one of the following current licensure:
LSW (Licensed Social Worker)
LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker)
LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) Required
*Some areas may require the BLS or BLS-C Required
Accountable for an assigned caseload, works collaboratively with patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, and external partners to ensure that care is coordinated and complex information is provided across the health care continuum, resulting in a smooth transition of care with positive patient/family experience, outcomes, high quality, and cost-effective care.
- Collaborates with patients/caregivers early in the inpatient, and/or outpatient episode in preparation for discharge to include supportive care, end-of-life decisions, community resources/programs, goal setting, and long-term planning needs. Interviews, identifies and executes safe post-acute interventions to include pre/post discharge home visits, behavioral health service coordination, guardianship, repatriation, adoptions, CPS, APS, ALTAC, etc. Assesses readmission risk and barriers to care outpatient including home support, medication management, expectation, etc. Initiates and assists patients with advance directives.
- Facilitates smooth and timely transition from acute care to the appropriate level of care by providing communication of clinical information and plan of care between the hospitalists, specialists and PCP, as well as other key providers. Communicates financial obligations and other key information pertinent to the discharge plan to the patient, family, MPOA, etc. Assures effective transition and final hand-off to the next appropriate level acuity case management team. Communicates key information regarding inpatient stay and discharge plans to payer in order to obtain authorization for services.
- Promotes a collaborative process and communication between all health care team members, inclusive patients/clients, families and significant others to ensure the process of integrated care services are targeted, appropriate, and beneficial to the population served from admission through the discharge process. Participates in the development and maintenance of Case Management metrics. Maintains and manages to caseload
- May act as a patient advocate through the continuum and is available to the physician, patient and family as a resource to facilitate communication and monitors patient care to ensure that the patient receives quality care through the use of standards of care and evidence based practice guidelines. Advocates utilizing knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, government and insurance benefits as well as practice guidelines and standards of practice.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.