SPEECH PATHOLOGIST PRN NETWORK FLOAT POOL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Ntwrk PT/OT Thrpy Float
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5225 N. SCOTTSDALE RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited university approved by the ASHA Required
Licenses and Certifications
Rehab\SLP - Speech Language Practitioner Current AZ License to Practice Speech Language Pathology or a Clinical Fellow with a current Temporary AZ License in Speech Language Pathology issued by the AZ Department of Health Services. Upon Hire Required
Rehab\ASHA - Speech Therapy Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from ASHA Upon Hire Required
The SPEECH PATHOLOGIST I is responsible for diagnosing, evaluating, screening and administering speech therapy treatments to patients of all ages at all levels of care and completing verbal and written communication related to patient's condition and plan of care.
- Evaluates patients under the direct referral of a physician, dentist or allowed non-physician practitioner. Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing data gathered in the evaluation and identifying diagnosis. Establishes an appropriate, comprehensive plan of treatment with measurable, obtainable and functional goals as defined by the discharge plan. Demonstrates competency in all areas of objective measurement, as appropriate to the setting (ie-modified barium swallow studies, fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing, etc.).
- Implements an individualized treatment plan through the use of skilled evidence based therapy techniques, addressing disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-linguistic, voice, swallowing, fluency and all other areas within scope of practice.
- Consults with appropriate medical personnel regarding patient’s needs, status, and discharge plans. Maintains accurate and current documentation in the patient’s medical record as appropriate to area of patient care as demonstrated by audit. Communicates information and addresses concerns to achieve optimal treatment outcomes as demonstrated through feedback and communication.
- Provides instruction and teaching of therapeutic procedures and ongoing routine care as needed. Teaches patient, family, and appropriate staff the exercises, activities and routine care that may be appropriately performed by other personnel or patient/family. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative relationships.
- Maintains accurate patient treatment records and completes billing according to department billing procedures and within established timeframes. Assume responsibility for role in achieving/maintaining financial stewardship by utilizing all resources effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling, fostering peer relationships, and participating in preceptor and/or mentor programs. Utilize effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff relationships. Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.