Sr. Credentialing Data Entry
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Cred/Med Staff Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
- M-F 8am-4:30pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Five (5) years’ general office or database experience Required
The Medical Staff Database Senior Specialist provides administrative support and acts as liaison to internal departments, committees and providers by ensuring data entry is entered in a consistent and timely manner by the appropriate personnel. May oversee other Database Specialists.
- Maintains, coordinates and provides consultation regarding the timely processing of all data entry activities and ensures data entered is in accordance with appropriate standards relative to the organizations credentialing manual, state statutes and regulatory agencies.Initiates and participates in cross-training and cross-coverage of credentialing departmental functions. Serves as departmental resource to employees. Mentors and assists other Credentialing Specialists in all aspects of credentialing functions.
Communicates with Credentialing Specialists during the credentialing process to ensure timely and expeditious completion of required data entry.
•Oversees and provides data entry support for EMR and accuracy of reports prior to the due date for submission.
•Researches incidents, provides identified training and follow-up regarding data entry.
•Obtains follow-up information from Credentialing Specialists or other sources.
•May be responsible to gather information and perform research in data entry disputes.
- Maintains the credentialing and electronic medical record databases. Ensures data is accurately entered as evidenced by audit. Prepares reports in compliance with requests for information as demonstrated by documentation.
- Contacts provider offices regarding expiring documentation (i.e. malpractice coverage, licensure, board certification and DEA certification, etc). Notifies all database users of any provider additions and/or changes, due to administrative suspension or voluntary resignation.
- Downloads information from the Internet and conducts searches as needed for standard work. Maintains and keeps current all departmental databases. Responsible for the timely response of Affiliation Letters to/from outside entities.
- Participates in departmental PI initiatives, including regulatory preparedness.
- Coordinates and completes special projects in a timely manner. Appropriately prioritizes all tasks so that deadlines are met with continued focus on quality. Keeps staff apprised of any critical or major situations.
- Drafts and assists in writing and reviewing policies and procedures and department rules and regulations. Ensures these do not conflict with medical staff by-laws and hospital policies and procedures/protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.