SUP-CARDIAC REHAB - CV CARDIAC REHABILITATION - DAYS - JCL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- CV Cardiac Rehabilitation
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or an Allied Health Field Required
2 years experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation . Required
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Respiratory Therapist
ACSM - Certified Exercise Physiologist
Supervises, assesses plans, coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates patient care and staff development; determines and maintains unit or program needs and standards (using nursing process and/or evidence-based information). May provide direct patient care according to needs of the unit/program, and support system -wide clinical operations.
Supervises the outpatient and inpatient cardiopulmonary rehabilitation clinical and office staff. Manages the day to day operations of the facility including scheduling staff, ensuring excellent patient care and maintaining accurate records in accordance with AACVPR guidelines. Position requires multidisciplinary team approach to coronary risk reduction methodology and intervention. Ensures compliance with regulatory entities.
The staff member provides comprehensive care based on the principles of growth and development across the life span of patients served in his/her independent unit. Provision of care is given as described in HonorHealth Patient Care Policies and service or unit specific Department Operating Policies. Providing clinical operation support system -wide.
The HonorHealth employee assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission, and critical goals of the organization into their job performance.
The Supervisor is required to have 24 hour accountability, track and trend operational budgets, meet with vendor representatives to facilitate product evaluation and administer staff disciplinary process through termination.
Performance standards may vary depending on unit assigned; percentage of time spent performing duties also varies according to unit and staffing needs.
- Supervises staff including Exercise Physiologists, Specialist-Fitness, Dietitian, Social Worker, RN’s and Front office staff. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments. Administers staff performance evaluation in collaboration with Director, independently administers staff discipline and or participates with management in performance improvement processes. Assists with and plans employee development. Approves and monitors time and attendance. Serves as a resource to staff, patients, families, caregivers, physicians and visitors. Facilitates inter and intra departmental collaboration, communication and promotes problem solving. Participates in policy revisions and committees applicable to department. Participates in a creation implementation and follow up of goals and action planning related to unit.
- Performs duties of the multi-disciplinary team member and covers classes for absences and vacations.
- Ensures that patient records are properly maintained. Verifies and ensures patients are progressed appropriately, charting is performed in a timely manner, patient’s progress is communicated to physicians, and patient safety is maintained by closely monitoring patients in order to optimize patient outcomes. Verifies outcome data is compiled and reported for program benchmarking.
- Promotes a safe exercise environment with knowledge of emergency medical care. Coordinate and evaluate mock codes on a quarterly basis verifying that all staff are proficient in their required duties.
- Works with leadership team to implement growth strategies for the Cardiac Rehab program
- Acts as a liaison with all physicians’ office staff to resolve issues or problems as they relate to scheduling and authorization of patients. Fosters communication and good working relationships with physicians in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Collaborates with the acute care division to ensure that the OP Cardiac Rehab program is incorporated into evolving population health strategies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.