SUP PHARMACIST FT DAYS
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- VGPiper Cancer CN-TBird
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 N 92ND ST
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Other Graduate of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy with Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy Required
Licenses and Certifications
Pharmacy\RPH - Registered Pharmacist Current licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Arizona. Upon Hire Required
Oversees the daily activities of the medication use process and supervises the day to day operations of the pharmacy department. Responsible for providing leadership, quality improvement, orientation and training, drug distribution, human resources and projects. Performs the duties of a registered pharmacist as defined by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy which includes drug distribution, IV admixture services, assessing medication therapy for appropriateness, and functioning as part of a unit based health care team. Reports medication incidents and adverse drug reactions through established channels. Responsible for education and support for pharmacy programs.
- Oversees the personnel assigned to the section. Responsible for the continual monitoring, communication, follow up and evaluation of pharmacy staff. Supervises staff; plans, establishes and revises work assignments.
- Performs general pharmacy functions including staffing when needed.
- Oversees activities of pharmacy staff to promote cost-effective, efficient and safe pharmaceutical care.
Ensures department equipment and materials are in condition to promote efficiency in use and safety of patients and staff. Ensures optimal use of the automation systems through training, troubleshooting and regular evaluation of reports. Communicates with pharmacy staff areas for improvement and recognizes achievements.
- Monitors pharmacy schedules and payroll records. Schedules personnel to assume adequate coverage at all times. Maintains and processes payroll accurately and according to payroll schedule. Coordinates with the management team to plan production staffing requirements on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis.
- Manages activities in the central pharmacy involving inventory control, storing and the dispensing of medications. Assists in monitoring and maintaining the pharmacy drug formulary. Ensures drugs are stored in accordance with manufacturer conditions as demonstrated by observation and documentation. Ensures drugs are dispensed in an accurately and promptly as demonstrated by customer feedback.
- Provides education and support the implementation of projects, programs and pharmacy initiatives (i.e. automation, clinical monitoring, patient education, etc.).
- Works in cooperation with the pharmacy management team to serve as a resource. Communicates problems, unique patient needs and other necessary information to pharmacy management team as needed.
Coordinates implementation and maintenance of medication distribution systems.
- Participates in pharmacist staff development. Coordinates and assists in the training of staff. Serves as a pharmacy student preceptor and pharmacy resident preceptor and meets requirements of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the Residency Program Director. Serves as a preceptor for pharmacy students and meets requirements of the College(s) of Pharmacy. Actively participates in the education and training of new pharmacy employees, pharmacy students and pharmacy interns.
- Reviews medication errors and implements strategies to eliminate or minimize medication errors.
Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of safe medication-use processes.
Effectively uses the appropriate analytic tools and process improvement techniques to assess and improve medication-use processes. Assesses published literature to identify best practices and/or guidelines relevant to medication-use safety and opportunities for reducing medication errors.
- Serves as a representative for the Pharmacy Department by participating in various hospital committees and teams.
Organizes and conducts pharmacist staff meetings.
- Maintains logs, records, and other required documentation per regulations.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.